Fallout 4 from Bethesda is one of the most popular video games that was released in 2015. It broke several records for the franchise.
The game was released on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. The PC version of the game allowed mods. But thanks to the recent Star Wars movie, "Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens", there are several mods related to the theme in the game now.
But one thing that was missing was the famous self defence weapon in Star Wars, the Lightsaber. But thanks to invalidfate (via Kotaku), the creator of 'Lightsaber Renew' mod, Fallout 4 players can also use this weapon of choice among the Jedis to swish out the enemies lurking around the wasteland and those that attack the settlements.
This mod can be downloaded here for PC. This mod will help equip the players with this weapon in the game with its appropriate sounds and effects. The players will have to choose from a scheme of four different colours like blue, red, green and pink. The red Lightsaber has a damage percentage of 90.
Guide to install this mod:
- Use NMM or download manually
- Activating the mod in NMM or extracting the archive to the FO4 data folder.
- remember to update your fallout.ini to read customized content (for example: sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS, TEXTURES, MUSIC, SOUND, INTERFACE, MESHES, PROGRAMS, MATERIALS, LODSETTINGS, VIS, MISC, SCRIPTS, SHADERSFX)
Guide to access the mod:
- In console, type "help lightsaber 4", and you will get the item codes.
- In console, type "player.additem [item code in (1), do not include brackets]"
- or try & error on "player.additem xx000816" pink saber
"player.additem xx000819" red saber
"player.additem xx00081a" green saber
"player.additem xx00081b" blue saber
(xx start from 01, depending on mod loading sequence)