Emilia Clarke celebrates her 29th birthday on 26 October, 2015 (Monday). This English actress needs no introduction; call her 'the Mother of Dragons' and 'the Khaleesi', Emilia is best known for her outstanding performance as Daenerys Targaryen in HBO series "Game of Thrones."
She is more than just a pretty face; she is confident and carries an aura that's so indefinable. She's clearly a fan-favourite who had been ranked #1 on the Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2012. And recently, Emilia was named Esquire's Sexiest Woman Alive 2015. The gorgeous actress stripped down for a sexy photo shoot for the brand.
On her birthday, we go down the memory lane and take a look at some of Emilia's hottest photos on the show.
CLICK HERE to view sexy photos of Daenerys aka Khaleesi from 'Game of Thrones'
If you thought you already know a lot about Emilia Clarke, think again. Here are some interesting facts about the English actress that may leave you all surprised.
- She decided she would become an actress when she was just three.
- When in school, Clarke was teased for her eyebrows.
- While growing up, Clarke's mother had imposed a rule: "Don't do drugs, don't have sex, and don't touch your eyebrows."
- If not an actress, Clarke would have been an architect, a singer, or a graphic designer.
- She is also skilled at ballads, blues and jazz singing.
- Clarke can sing, play piano, flute and guitar.
- As a student, she had to work five jobs to pay the rent.
- Her favourite TV series is "Girls". If she could she would like to be even a random extra on the show.
- Clarke can ride on horseback and does ice skating, rowing and running among other sports.
- She made her Broadway debut in Breakfast at Tiffany's as Holly.
- She allegedly suffered a freak brain aneurysm in 2013 and was treated at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. The episode has been kept private and neither Clarke nor reps from "Game of Thrones" have commented on the matter. She has since made a full recovery.
- She once worked as a bartender.
- Emilia previously dated "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane.
- Talking about nude scenes on "GoT", she said that her mother is fine with it but her father takes a while to maintain eye contact for a bit after an episode. However, he is supportive as well.
- She was not the first choice to play 'the Mother of Dragons'. Emilia stepped in only after another actress Tamzin Merchant stepped down.
- Clarke had only 24 hours to prepare for the audition for "Games of Thrones" and she did the funky chicken and robot dance during her audition.
- She was also offered the role of Anastasia Steele in last year's movie "Fifty Shades of Grey", but she ironically, turned it down because of nudity.
- In 2012, there were more than 160 baby girls legally named after Clarke's character Khaleesi.
The fans' favourite Khaleesi, Emilia has more than just "Game of Thrones" to her credit. Here's a list of movies and other TV shows Emilia has acted in.
1) Terminator Genisys
2) Spike Island
3) Dom Hemingway