Simulation mixed martial arts video game "EA Sports UFC 2" received new content for PS4 and Xbox One, which adds two new fighters and several improvements to the game.
Content update 4 was released on June 2 with all the details shared by EA Sports via a post on its official website. The update has added Polish mixed martial fighter Karolina Kowalkiewicz, a former KSW Women's Flyweight Champion, to the game's Women's Strawweight section. It also saw the addition of Thiago Tavares, a Brazilian mixed martial fighter who fights in the Featherweight division of UFC. He is added to the Men's Featherweight section.
The update added Fighter Showpieces, which allows players to celebrate victories in UFC history via Fighter Showpieces.
It has also added Item Scouting, which allows players to get Ultimate Team items. Each day there would be five different items that would be made available for players to buy using coins.
The update also features a new tab in the Ultimate Team store showing new and highlighted items of the week.
The flow for Create a Fighter has been improved, as players are now shown randomised fighters and are able to get into the Ultimate Team mode directly with the fighter. They are also able to cycle the random fighters or use original Create a Fighter feature for full customisation control.
Here are the gameplay updates that are part of the new content update 4:
- Removed the ability of punches in Single Collar Clinch to deny clinch transitions.
- Increased counter window after denied clinch attempt.
- Added the ability to deny clinch attempts when following through with a strike.
- Added counter damage modifier after clinch denial.
- Added new momentum scenarios to various ground positions.
- Added new logic to control when different strike types can interrupt a takedown.
- Punish the defender in a submission for defending a chain before it appears by taking away some defensive progress.
- Pushing in the wrong direction to deny submission chain blocks the defending fighter from pushing in the correct direction.
- Reduced Thai Knee Damage by 10 percent.
- Changed the inputs for submission reversals on the ground to be L2+R2.
- Gave fighters who have the sit out sweep in sprawl the option to also do the half guard escape.
- Tuned the submissive fighter's escape from back mount to half guard to be a bit more challenging.
- AI tuning.
- Various gameplay and animation updates.