Destiny has received another round of a patch 126.96.36.199 from developer Bungie. This new patch that went live on 14 October will be adjusting weapon balance and adds a new destination.
The new destination that has been added is Rocket Yard. Though this patch is a minor one, it will allow players to see the engram rewards in the activity summary following every game.
The game also fixes some of the issues in the activity summary and class perks. In the Vault of Glass, the sniper platforms will be getting kill volume, which will prevent players from sitting on top of them and the relic has been removed and respawned when the holder leaves the area.
Destiny was released on 9 September 2014 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The game has is FPS with a MMORPG format and requires players to be always connected to internet.
Below are the full patch notes of patch 188.8.131.52 for Destiny (Bungie):
- Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance
- Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended
- Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne
- Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping
- Auto Rifles
- Base Damage decreased by 2%
- Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
- Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)
- Hand Cannons
- In-air accuracy now increased
- Scout Rifles
- Base damage increased by 6%
- Damage vs. alien combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
- Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
- Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
- Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
- The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive
- Exotic Weapons
- Vex Mythoclast
- Base Damage decreased by 34%
- Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)
- Pocket Infinity
- Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk
- Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
- Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed
- Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary
- Raid - Vault of Glass
- Templar Encounter
- Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
- Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area
- The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan
Rumoured Leak of 'The Dark Below'
A leak on the upcoming DLC, 'The Dark Below' has revealed information on the three character classes in Destiny - class specialisations that will be available in the DLC. The leak was allegedly provided by one of the game tester, reported Gameranx.
He further said in his post that, "The Hive raid is going to be pretty fun. From what I've tested so far the first boss is much more enjoyable than either boss fight in the Vault of Glass. Lets just say there is this fun almost escape sequence where all the guardians will want to be on their sparrows, trying to outrun a giant Ogre. Some of the Wizards have different attacks instead of that bombardment you are currently seeing, makes them less of a pain."
Titan - Crusader
Super: "Purge" You shoot this giant horizontal column of light directly in front of you. Upgrades can thicken the cylinder (default is size of Guardian, upgrade is about 200% increase), have the column shoot through walls, or shoot a second column behind you as well.
- Throws three small fire grenades at once. Think like a very small version of the Warlock Void special.
- Drops grenade behind guardian. Designed for escape tactics when being chased.
- Self planted grenade. Button activates grenade for 8 seconds. Any melee damage taken at that time sets grenade off, barely doesn't kill a guardian by itself.
Warlock – Arc Thrower
Super: "Jupiter's Storm" Creates an orb about the size of a Servitor slightly above and in front of you. The orb floats in the air and shoots lightning out at anything that come near it. Upgrades can increase range, can cause chain lightning, or cause the orb to spawn further away from the player character.
- Arc Grenade that detonates on second button input.
- Grenade the transfers health to the Warlock.
- Fence Grenade – Creates small electrified fence. Sticks to walls like the Titan Lightning Grenade and lasts about half as long.
Hunter - Trapper
Super: "Void Well" Drops a Void well on the floor. Enemies inside the Void well cannot jump, and have reduced movement speed. Upgrades can reduce all enemy movement, prevent enemies from using abilities, or increase radius of Void Well.
- Generic void damage grenade, doesn't bounce. Sticks to any surface.
- Bolas that act as a sticky, but do minimal damage while greatly reducing targets movement speed, and prevents them from jumping.
- Caltrops. Throw them on the ground. Not super easy to see. A large amount of them on the ground, stepping on one detonates it for a small amount of damage. 1 "grenade" can kill a Guardian with a little left-over.