Destiny has received a new February update, also known as update 2.11. This update adds a new event 2v2 PvP Event Playlist, a range of bug fixes for general, weapons, armour, activities and so on. This is the first major update for the game in 2016.
Update 2.11 promises a new event called Crimson Days to the updated Tower. This events starts on Feb. 9 and ends on Feb. 16. This event will task players with quests and players need to be at least Level 40 for eligibility. The event also features a new 2v2 mode called Crimson Doubles. If one teammate is out of action, the other one gains a buff called Broken Heart that will boost faster reload and maxed stats.
It also brings new rotating playlists with Freelance 3v3 mixed mode Skirmish, Salvage and Elimination; Freelance 6v6 featuring Control, Clash and Rift; Inferno 3v3 featuring Inferno Skirmish for solo players. This playlist will not feature fireteams.
Other playlists include Inferno Salvage and a new Inferno Elimination; Inferno 6v6 featuring Inferno Control and Inferno Clash.
It also noted that Iron Banner will be returning on Feb. 23 and will end on Feb. 29.
The update also promises some major fixes to bugs and issues that have troubled Destiny players. The update has fixed issues in general, weapons, armour, activities, crucible, maps and items in Destiny.
Below is the full patch notes of update 2.11 (Bungie):
New Event: Crimson Days
- Grab a partner to celebrate Crimson Days from February 9th, 10AM PST to February 16th, 1AM PST
- Go talk with Lord Shaxx in the Tower to receive the quest "Crimson Bonds"
- Players must be at least Level 40 to be eligible to obtain this quest
Play Crimson Doubles
2v2 PvP Event Playlist: Crimson Doubles
- Requires Pre-made Fireteam of 2
- In Crimson Doubles, "Broken Heart" buff is applied to you when your teammate is down that provides maxed stats and faster reload
- Weekly Shaxx bounties have been replaced with special Crimson Doubles bounties for the duration of the event
- Fixed an issue where some emote incidents would appear twice
- Fixed a rare issue where the Refer-a-Friend buff was not being properly applied when joining an in-progress activity
- Fixed an issue where an extra icon on the kiosk was appearing for players who acquired MIDA Multi-Tool exotic weapon for both Year One and Year Two
- Fixed an issue with Hakke pulse rifle damage scaling to bring them back in line with other pulse rifles
- Fixed the icon for Titan class item Mark of a Kellslayer
- Fixed an issue where the icon for the Hunter artifact Unerring Compass was missing on PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
- Fixed an issue where the Vienna Singer ship was not dropping at appropriate rates
- Reduced the chance for ghost shells to be awarded from completing the weekly in favor of other rewards
Raid: King's Fall
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to become immune to the Totem room damage by using a sword's block ability
- Totems will now kill players under the totem after an extended period of time
- Fixed an issue on the aura holder when exiting 3rd person, the camera forward would get reset back facing the direction of the players feet
- Fixed an issue where the Ogres would teleport when they had issues path finding around previous dropped bombs
- Bounties have been moved to the top of Shaxx's vendor screen
- Players now start without special ammo in all 3v3 modes
- Fixed an issue where the quest step to "Complete a match with 6+ Auto Rifle kills" was not properly registering
- The temporary fix applied previously has been removed once again to allow this quest to be turned in properly
- Fixed an issue where the text display for Nova Bomb score bonuses was incorrect
- Damage Referee has been enabled in the Control playlist for the Crucible
- New Rotating Playlists
- Freelance 3v3 featuring Skirmish, Salvage and Elimination - only accessible by solo players, no fireteams
- Freelance 6v6 featuring Control, Clash and Rift - only accessible by solo players, no fireteams
- Inferno 3v3 featuring Inferno Skirmish, Inferno Salvage and introducing Inferno Elimination!
- Inferno 6v6 featuring Inferno Control and Inferno Clash
- Iron Banner returns on February 23rd, 10AM to February 29th, 1AM PST
- Iron Banner armor pieces from Rank 5 packages will now be granted immediately, instead of appearing once you return to Orbit
- Increased the base win rep amount by +20% (50 to 60)
- Waypoints have been added to Lord Saladin when the Rank 3 and Rank 5 packages are available
- Players can no longer recycle into Iron Banner matches after the event has ended
Trials of Osiris
- Reduced the postgame wait time by 15 seconds
- Adjusted loot tables to make rewards more consistent and less likely to have a non-payout match
- Fixed an issue where some players are able to perch in an advantageous position on a giant tree root
- Removed dynamic objects and moved overtime objective to help it play better in Elimination
- Fixed an issue where Reputation was being awarded when dismantling the Future War cult ship "The Climb"
- Access to the ship via the kiosk has been re-enabled
- Fixed an issue where the icon on Gunsmith vendor screen to display the correct reputation