The attempts to unmask "Jihadi John" have gained momentum after the new video, showing British aid worker David Haines being beheaded by an Islamic State militant, surfaced on Saturday.
According to the Daily Mail, special forces in the UK will now add more urgency in their efforts to track down the British terrorist, dubbed Jihadi John.
Before Haines, two American journalists - James Foley and Steven Sotloff - were also beheaded. All three beheading videos have been quite similar.
The report claims that intelligence experts are observing the videos keenly to get new clues regarding Jihadi John. One of the commentators described the killer as a "dead man walking", while some experts suggested that he has been identified by MI5 and MI6.
Hundreds of British special forces and intelligence personnel are currently working in the region to track the terrorist down, accompanied by Kurdish and Iraqi soldiers. The forces had already shortlisted some terrorists who could possibly be the person behind the mask, according to Daily Mail.
The United States had revealed that it began sorties using drones, equipped with cameras and weapons, last week in Northern Syria as it is believed that IS has kept western hostages there, reports Daily Mail.
In the three videos posted by the Islamic State, US President Barack Obama is warned to stop the US airstrikes in Iraq, reports USA Today. Obama had said that he is ready to order airstrikes in IS areas in Syria and Iraq and send 475 military advisers.
Meanwhile, British Prime Minister David Cameron vowed that the UK will do everything in their power to hunt down Haines' killers.
"The murder of David Haines is an act of pure evil. My heart goes out to his family who have shown extraordinary courage and fortitude," Cameron said in a statement, quoted by Business Insider.
"We will do everything in our power to hunt down these murderers and ensure they face justice, however long it takes."