Oneplus One phone owners can now customise the Cyanogen OS experience, as Cyanogen OS 13.1 with MOD support has been rolled out to the device. The operating system has MODs for Skype, OneNote, Cortana and Hyperlapse.
MODs are third-party app features weaved into the operating system to enhance user experience, including easy access of apps. The Cyanogen OS 13.1 with MOD support for mobile phone comes months after the Cyanogen Inc. announced the platform.
With MOD feature, mobile phone users can access trending tweets on the lockscreen without actually unlocking it or login in to Twitter account, get Skype details like call history in the dialer itself, OneNote being integrated with the email and phone apps to help take notes anytime, Cortana enables users to take selfie hands-free, and Hyperlapse allows phone users to create smooth and stabilized time-lapse videos.
Skype MOD features
- Skype contacts are clearly marked and searchable in your Phone contacts
- You can buy Skype Credit right from the dialer (Skype has low calling rates to mobiles and landlines)
- Make Skype to Skype calls for free (data rates may apply)
- Make all your calls from one place with a consistent Phone experience
Cortana MOD features
- Users can tell Cortana to "take a selfie", giving you voice controlled, hands free, automatic countdown for capturing picture
- One can access the phone without unlocking the device. Simply wake up the device, swipe left and use voice to search, set reminders, get to schedule and more with Cortana (Cortana mod is available only in the U.S at the moment)
OneNote mod features
- Users can easily save an important email to OneNote for future reference (OneNote mod for Email is not available on all Cyanogen OS devices)
- Take a note while you're in a call, such as a phone number or address, right from the Phone app
- Users can easily get their ideas down on their device by selecting the OneNote tile in Quick Settings
- Users can go back and access saved notes easily from wherever they were originally taken
Hyperlapse mod features
- Microsoft Hyperlapse mod for Camera allows users to create smooth and stabilized time-lapse videos
- Open the Camera app, switch modes to Hyperlapse, and shoot video. Once shooting is done, one can set the speed and Hyperlapse handles the rest. New Hyperlapse moment can be shared right from the film strip.
- Users can Hyperlapse existing videos on their phone. From within the Gallery app, trim the captured video, set the speed, and share the Hyperlapse moment
OnePlus One owners can check Cyanogen OS 13.1 update from the system menu.