"Clash Royale," the freemium mash-up between tower defence and collectible card game, has announced that the July update is currently live following sneak peeks from developer Supercell.
Previously, the sneak peeks had revealed that the game would be getting a massive content in the form of July update that would include Frozen Peak Arena, four new Cards, two new Legendaries and Tournaments.
Supecell has released the patch notes that clears all doubts of what the new update would feature (Forum):
- Introducing a massive new feature: Tournaments!
- Battle nearby players for Tournament Trophies!
- Climb the tournament leaderboard to earn HUGE Tournament Chests!
FOUR NEW CARDS
- New Common Card: Ice Spirit
- New Epic Card: Bowler
- New Legendary Cards: Lumberjack & The Log
NEW ARENA & MORE
- New Arena: Frozen Peak unlocks at 2300 Trophies
- Achievements: Compete in tournaments to unlock new achievements
- TV Royale: Features top players in the Legendary Arena channel more often
- TV Royale: Moved to the middle screen (Battle tab)
- Friendly Battles: Choose which Arena to fight in
- Card Collection: Sort your cards by Arena, Elixir cost or rarity
- Player Profile: Now shows your last used Battle Deck from any battle (not necessarily the one currently selected)
- Bug Fixes: We've removed the 11th Elixir drop (as a "feature", it was a bit too hidden), fixed cards deselecting when overtime kicks in, and many more!
- Card Balance: We've re-balanced several cards