Supercell's strategy mobile game, Clash of Clans gets a new Winter update in tune with the Christmas holidays. The new update will bring loads of new features and goodies into the game.
The new update will provide players with the ability to save multiple layouts in both Village and War Base. Players will be able to "switch, copy and edit" the layouts any time they want so that they can complete it later. The new update will add Level 7 Giants, Level 12 Gold Mines and Elixir Collectors at Town Hall 8.
The update will also boost some of the features already existing in the Clash of Clans.
Supercell also posted on its Facebook page that the game is back online after a maintenance break for the update.
Clash of Clans is a free mobile game that was released on 2 August 2012 for iOS and Android platforms.
Below are the full patch notes for Clash of Clan's Winter Update (Supercell Forum):
Introducing the Layout Editor
- Save multiple layouts for both your home Village and your War Base
- Switch between layouts easily at any time
- Make copies of existing layouts or build new layouts from scratch
- Edit inactive layouts at any time - you can even take a break and finish later
- Level 12 Gold Mines and Elixir Collectors at Town Hall 8
- Level 7 Giants are stomping into Town Hall 10
- Compare your clan to others in clan local leaderboards
- Under attack? You can now watch a live replay while waiting to load your Village
- Hero ability icons now show remaining hitpoints and will start flashing when low - use their ability to recover some HP
- Resume boost button now shows how much time is remaining for the boost
- Improved level display for troops/heroes/spells
- Pending join requests are now limited to 10 per clan to prevent spamming (additional join requests cannot be sent)
- Upgrading Walls with Elixir is now available only when upgrading to Wall level 9 and higher
- The first Dark Elixir Drill is now available at Town Hall 7
- The second Dark Elixir Drill is now available at Town Hall 8
- Dark Elixir Drill maximum capacity has been increased on all levels
- Archer Towers now shoot twice as fast to better take down weak hordes (total damage remains unchanged)
- Inferno Towers now shoot for a longer time before getting depleted (loading cost remains the same)
- Army camps have heavily decreased hitpoints - no more stubborn campfires
- Cannons, Barracks, Laboratory, Spell Factory and Dark Elixir Drills have higher HP on almost all levels
- Hitpoint values have been adjusted slightly for many other buildings
- Lava Pup HP has been slightly decreased