Christmas Day 2015 is round the corner and the festival appears to be incomplete without exchange of gifts.
Christmas is celebrated all across the world. The festival is marked with decorations, traditional cuisine and of course prayers to Lord Jesus.
One of the most common mythological characters associated with Christmas is Santa Claus. It is a popular myth that Santa Claus brings in smiles on the faces of children on the Christmas Day (25 December) by secretly leaving gifts for them.
People also play several games during this festive season, one of which is "Secret Santa", whereby people hand over gifts to each other without revealing each other's identities. One Greek saint in the fourth century, Saint Nicholas became a model for Santa Claus as he had a reputation of such secret gift-giving, like putting coins in shoes of people who left them for him.
Thus, gifts always play an important part in Christmas celebrations. It is not necessary that those gifts have to be given secretly. One can please their loved ones with a wide variety of gifts and also take credit for them.
However, choosing the best gift within a budget is always a concern. Here are some well-tested gift ideas that will not burn a hole in your pocket but will certainly bring wide smiles on the faces of your loved ones.
1) Cakes and sweets: Cakes and sweets come in handy on any occasion, but for Christmas, plum cakes or fruit cakes are preferred. It can be a combination of cakes of different flavours coupled with some personalised sweets.
2) Wine: Like cakes, wines are also preferred gifts for Christmas. There is a wide range of wines of different prices to suit your budget.
3) Santa Claus items: When we talk about Christmas, Santa Claus is bound to flash in our minds. There is a wide range of cute Santa Claus items, like Santa pillows and cushions, Santa toys, etc, that you can gift.
4) Home decors: Christmas also involves home decorations. There are a number of home dÃ©cor items that will make the festival even more special, like perfumed candles, lamps and attractive vases.
5) Gadgets: Gadgets are useful for anyone. These are always appreciated when offered as gifts. It can be mobile phones, iPods or even watches.
6) Gift hampers: If you are not sure about gifting any particular item, gift hampers are the best thing to present. You can include anything of your choice that will be loved by your dear ones.