A fire broke out in one of the engines of a local train in Chennai on Wednesday.
The train caught fire at the Perungudi MRTS station, according to reports. At least one person is said to be injured in the incident.
According to The Hindu, one railway staff fainted due to the thick smoke and was rushed to the hospital.
A short circuit is likely to have caused the fire. The incident led to train services being disrupted on Wednesday morning.
Photos showed thick black smoke coming out of the train.
BREAKING: Fire breaks out in a compartment of a Chennai local train pic.twitter.com/HkfufpU0yR
â€” CNN-IBN News (@ibnlive) October 21, 2015
Fire on one compartment of a local train in Chennai. Fire extinguished, none injured. Accident near Perungudi elevated station.
â€” J Sam Daniel Stalin (@jsamdaniel) October 21, 2015