Notes from "Call of Duty: Black Ops 3's" new update patch 1.09 detailed several new features that will be part of the update. The patch is only available for PS4 and reportedly weighs 1.07GB.
It is not clear if PC and Xbox One will be getting the patch anytime soon. The update is expected to go live on April 19.
The patch notes reveal Eclipse DLC 2 map pack support for PS4 version of the game. There will be five new maps, namely Spire (sub-orbital airport terminal), Rift (futuristic military complex), Knockout (retro Shaolin Temple), Verge (re-imagination of the classic Banzai) and Zetsubou No Shima (foliage-rich island with new zombies).
On the multiplayer front, the update will add the following general features:
- Arena Season Vet Vanquisher Calling Cards should now properly unlock after meeting the required win total.
- Fixed an issue where the "Rank 1" Calling Card was being awarded again in the After-Action Report after winning an Arena match, despite the user already having the card.
- Earned Prestige Calling Cards now properly display within the Calling Cards menu.
The game will include changes to weapons like submachine guns (Kuda, VMP, Weevil, Vesper, Pharo, Razorback, HG-40), assault rifles (HVK-30, ICR-1, Sheiva, MX Garand), shotguns (KRM-262, Haymayker-12, Argus), light machine guns (BRM, Dingo, Gorgon, 48 Dredge).
The update also detailed the general changes it is bringing with the new update:
- Blocked an exploit that allowed the players to use the Death Machine indefinitely
- Resolved an exploit allowing players to access unintended areas
- Fixed a crash that could occur during a host migration while reviving teammates
- Fixed an exploit where players would be able to keep their perks after being revived
- Resolved an error that occurs when Prestiging in Zombies
- Addressed a bug where the Rocket Shield icon wouldn't disappear after being destroyed
- Fixed a bug relating to certain attachments not working correctly with upgraded weapons
- Addressed stability issues regarding cross-mode play in split screen.