All Is Well, Manjhi The Mountain Man, Brothers
All Is Well, Manjhi The Mountain Man, BrothersCollage of photos taken from Facebook

"All Is Well" has done good collection at the India box office in the first week and topped the domestic business chart, while "Manjhi The Mountain Man" (MTMM) and "Brothers" landed in the second and third place, respectively.

"All Is Well" and "MTMM" were released in theatres on 21 August. When compared to Nawazuddin Siddiqui's film, the Abhishek Bachchan starrer had huge amount of hype and promotions. The romantic comedy-drama film was released in more number of cinema halls than MTMM.

The Umesh Shukla-directed flick opened to decent response and showed good growth on the subsequent days. "All Is Well" raked in Rs 11.91 crore in the opening weekend and Rs 7.8 crore on weekdays. The movie collected Rs 19.71 crore nett at the India box office in its first week.

"All Is Well" has been reportedly made with a budget of Rs 28 crore and has recovered 70% of its production cost in seven days. The movie is expected to earn the remaining 30% in its second week.

"MTMM" debuted with an average occupancy, but the word-of-mouth took its business upwards. The movie minted Rs 6.45 crore in its opening weekend and Rs 3.97 crore on the weekdays. The film has collected Rs 10.42 crore at the India box office in the first week. Made on a budget of Rs 10 crore, the movie has been successful in recovering its production cost in just seven days.

Besides losing out some cinema halls, "Brothers" clashed with new releases "All Is Well" and "MTMM". The Akshay Kumar starrer raked in Rs 6.1 crore in its second weekend and Rs 3.50 crore during the weekdays. In its second week, the movie collected Rs 9.6 crore at the India box office, taking its 14-day domestic total to Rs 82.2 crore nett.

The Akshay Kumar starrer has beaten the life-time collection records of "Drishyam", "Dil Dhadakne Do" and "Piku", which have raked in Rs 73.82 crore, Rs 76.88 crore and Rs 79.92 crore at the Indian box office. "Brothers" has become the sixth highest grosser Bollywood movie of 2015.

"Brothers" is the third release of Akshay Kumar in 2015. His first two releases "Baby" and "Gabbar is Back" did well at ticket counters, but failed to cross the Rs 100-crore mark at the India box office. Having collected Rs 72.6 crore in the first week, "Brothers" was expected to achieve this magical figure in its second week.

But "Brothers" failed, as it witnessed over 82% decline in collection in its second week. The movie needs Rs 17.80 crore to cross the magical mark. With Saif Ali Khan's "Phantom" released during its third, chances of the Akshay Kumar starrer entering the elite club look dim.

Also read