Bengaluru blast
The prime accused in the blast at Bengaluru's Church Street area has been arrested, reports said on Friday, 29 January 2016. In picture: Bengaluru Police at the bomb blast site on Church Street in December 2014.IANS

Update 15:16

During Monday's meeting, Ministry of Home Affairs is said to have discussed links between Sunday's blast in Bengaluru and 2013 Pune blast, while evidences found at blast site on Bengaluru's Church Street indicate involvement of SIMI terrorists, according to Zee News.

Earlier on Monday, Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju said there is possibility of SIMI's involvement in 28 December bomb blast near a restaurant in IT capital of India. 

The five SIMI terrorists, who escaped from jail in 2013, were last seen in Hospet, Bellary and Bengaluru.

Update 12:09 PM

Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, in a briefing to the media about his meeting with the police officials on Monday, said the Special Investigation Team (SIT) headed by Alok Kumar will investigate the blasts.

He said the government will be taking precautionary measures and security will be beefed up at sensitive places. "Cyber security will be enhanced. 40 engineers to be recruited to tackle intelligence information who have technical knowledge," the CM of Karnataka tweeted.

"5 kms from Vidhana Soudha and places which has more than 100 people visiting daily are being monitored with addl vigilance," he added. 

"Public safety enforcement Act will be enacted. Reward policy for public who give info which will lead to arrest or action."

Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has asked the Karnataka government to install CCTV cameras at all key places in Bengaluru. However, he has refused to comment on suspected relation between SIMI and Bengaluru blast.

Singh and Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah had separately called high level meetings on Monday to discuss the situation after the low-intensity blast on Bengaluru's Church Street on Sunday.

Singh met Home Secretary Anil Goswami and Director of Intelligence Bureau Syed Asif Ibrahim along with other top officials in Delhi, while Siddaramaiah discussed the situation in a meeting with top officials of the city administration and police, according to Zee News.

On the evening of 28 December, an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) exploded at around 8:30pm near Coconut Grove restaurant on Church Street in Bengaluru.

While one woman from Chennai died in the blast, two others – Vinay and Sandeep – are undergoing treatment at HOSMAT hospital, according to Daily News & Analysis

Bhavani, 37, who was critically injured in the blast, succumbed to head injuries later in the day at the Mallya hospital. Her husband who also sustained minor injuries is reportedly out of danger.

Siddaramaiah has announced compensation of ₹5 lakh to the kin of the deceased. The state government has asked the National Investigation Agency to takeover the investigation of the bomb blast.

Also read