Assassin's Creed Unity has had a variety of issues post its game release and Ubisoft had promised its players that it was working on a long list of fixes. Now the company has announced the release of a new patch 5 for Assassin's Creed Unity for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
The new patch will make will be bringing a series of fixes like Campaign and Coop crashes, relocking of gear and outfit, not spawning of 'Find Leon' objective, matchmaking and connection issues, Arno losing control, minor FX and texture issues and many more.
Apart from the fixes, Ubisoft has also said in a post on its website that it will be "unlocking all content exclusive" to the Initiates along with the Companion App. This is in fact good news for players who were hesitant to download the app on their cellphones and as VG247 points out many players were left annoyed by the when the app minimised the game in order to load Initiates.
The game will be available on PC from 19 February, 2015. The patch will also be rolling out PC-specific fixes that will bring fixes to performance, connectivity and general stability issues.
Players must note that the patch 5 weighs 6.50GB in size on PlayStation 4.
Below are the full patch notes of patch 5 update for Assassin's Creed Unity (Ubisoft Forums):
Stability and performance
- Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop
Save game and Progression
- Fixed gear and outfit rewards getting relocked
- Added users profile corrector to resolve companion synchronization issues
- Made Initiate and companion app exclusive content accessible to all players
- Fixed the 'Find Leon' objective not spawning on Dead Kings Memory 2
Online matchmaking, connectivity and replication
- Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
- Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
- Fixed issues with the My Club feature
Gameplay (navigation, fight, stealth)
- Fixed issue with Arno losing control after trying to launch Initiates from the pause menu
- Fixed minor navigation issues
Menus and HUD
- Fixed issues occurring when hacking gears
- Fixed additional issues with notifications
World and 3D
- Fixed some minor FX and texture issues