Assassin's Creed Movie
Michael Fassbender says the movie will roll out for

The upcoming Assassin's Creed movie is still on track, confirmed its actor Michael Fassbender, who further added that he was waiting for the script of the movie.

Fassbender has previously acted in movies like 2011's "X-Men: First Class", 2012's "Prometheus", 2009's "Inglourious Basterds" and many more. He spoke to the Daily Beast in an interview where he confirmed that the movie was "definitely happening."

"That's definitely happening," Fassbender said. "We're just developing the script at the moment. I'd heard of it but had never played the game. I don't have a video game player ... that's not what they're called. [Laughs] I met up with the guys from Ubisoft and they told me the story behind it, and I thought it was very interesting - the idea of reliving memories."

Jean-Julien Baronnet, CEO of Ubisoft Motion Pictures had said at an earlier occasion that Fassbender was their obvious choice. "Michael (Fassbender) is an extremely smart, talented, versatile and committed actor," Polygon quoted Baronnet. His involvement was announced in July 2012.

Scott Frank, the scriptwriter for films like Minority Report and The Wolverine was contracted to rewrite the script of the movie. The studio had earlier hired first-time movie-script writer Michael Lesslie to write the script.

The team is said to be negotiating the terms with Frank Marshall who is likely to be roped in as the producer. Marshall has previously worked on "Raiders of the Lost Ark,"  "Congo," "The Bourne Identity" and many more.

It has also been confirmed by Ubisoft that this movie will be rolling out in 3D. Though there are no dates given out for its release, Geoffroy Sardin said in November 2012 that it will be released in "the next coming year." But according to Box Office Mojo listing in May 2013 the movie might release on May 22, 2015.