1 Nenokkadine Box Office Collection: Mahesh Babu Starrer Declines in India, Performs Better in Overseas Markets
Mahesh Babu's "1 Nenokkadine" is continuing to perform poorly at the Indian box office.
"1 Nenokkadine" released on 10 January amid huge expectations from fans. But the film failed to live up to the hype, with many giving negative reviews about its content. The Mahesh Babu starrer raked in ₹8.40 crore share at Andhra Pradesh box office on the first day, but its business witnessed a huge drop from the second day.
The Sankranti holidays have not given any respite to "1 Nenokkadine" with the film's performance continuing to decline. The psychological thriller earned around ₹2 crore share on the second and third day bringing the weekend collections to ₹12.40 crore.
"1 Nenokkadine" is estimated to have earned approximately ₹3.25 crore AP share from day 4 and day 5 together, according to AndhraBoxOffice website. Its 5-day collections is estimated to be around ₹15 crore, which is reportedly poor for a film which has been made on a budget of ₹70 crore.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
However, "1 Nenokkadine" has been performing well at the overseas box office. Mahesh Babu, who has a good fan following in the US, has once again proved that he is the undisputed king of box office in the country. "1 Nenokkadine" embarked on a fantastic start in the US with the film grossing $946,552 (₹5.82 crore) from 105 screens in its opening weekend. [Note: The US numbers are gross figures]
"Telugu film #1Nenokkadine has embarked on a glorious start in USA. Opening wknd: $946,552 [₹ 5.82 cr]. Some screens yet to report," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
The Mahesh starrer has outperformed Tamil films "Jilla" and "Veeram" in its first weekend at the US box office. While "Jilla" fetched $192,858 (₹1.19 crore) from 69 screens, "Veeram" minted $201,101 (₹1.24 crore) from 67 screens.
Directed by Sukumar, "1 Nenokkadine" has Mahesh Babu and Kriti Sanon in the lead roles. The other cast members include Nassar, Anu Haasan, Sayaji Shinde, Pradeep Rawat and Kelly Dorji. Mahesh's son made his debut as a child artiste in the film.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Malaysia Air Probe Finds Scant Evidence of Attack, Say Sources
- Nokia Lumia 635: New Nokia Phone Spotted at FCC Database with Model Number RM-979
- Salman Khan Lauds Pulkit Samrat, Compares to Aamir Khan
- Domestic Car Sales up 1.39 Percent in February
- Box Office Collection: ‘300: Rise of an Empire’ Dominates Over Hindi Releases; ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ Falls
- Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Earnings Escalate, ‘Gulaab Gang’ Average and ‘Total Siyapaa’ Dull
- Busy Priyanka Chopra Keeps Madhur Bhandarkar's 'Madamji' in Waiting
- Smartphone - Your New Eye Doctor
- Intex Cloud Y4+ Android Smartphone with 3G Support Released in India; Price, Availability Details
- Putin's Propaganda: Russian Soldiers Dressing up as Ukrainian Army