'1 Nenokkadine' Box Office Collection: Mahesh Babu Starrer Performs Well in US
Mahesh Babu's "1 Nenokkadine" might have failed to set the cash registers ringing in India, but the film seems to have performed well at the overseas box office.
Mahesh Babu has a huge market in the US and his latest release "1 Nenokkadine" has emphasized it once again. The psychological thriller has got one of the best ever openings for any Indian film in the US, according to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
"Telugu film #1Nenokkadine has packed a solid punch in USA. You can call it one of the best openings ever by an Indian film," Taran tweeted. The film is inching towards the $1 million mark at the US box office. "Superstar's #1Nenokkadine is inching towards million $ mark in US. 3 of his last 4 movies collected 1M. undisputed overseas king!," tweeted Jeevi, editor and reviewer of idlebrain.
Andhra Pradesh Box Office
"1 Nenokkadine", which earned ₹8.40 crore share on the first day, has witnessed a significant drop in its collections since its second day at Andhra Pradesh box office.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Negative word of mouth has affected the film's collections, which are estimated to have been less than ₹13 crore (share) in its opening weekend.
The Mahesh Babu starrer earned around ₹2 crore share on the second day (Saturday) and apparently the collections did not rise on the third day (Sunday). With Ram Charan's "Yevadu" having released, "1 Nenokkadine" is expected to witness significant decline in its collections at the box office.
Mahesh Babu seems to be a bit let down owing to discouraging response for "1 Nenokkadine." The actor, who is currently shooting for his new film "Aagadu," is reportedly planning to take a break from the shooting in a bid to promote "1 Nenokkadine."
"Too much hype surrounded 1 Nenokkadine and it was marketed as the biggest movie of Mahesh Babu in terms of budget and shooting. Unfortunately, the movie did not work on the expected lines. It's more like an experiment. So, the Prince has been forced to take a break from his shooting schedule," a source close to the actor told Bangalore Mirror.
One of the factors criticised in "1 Nenokkadine" was its length. Heeding to the response, the makers of "1 Nenokkadine" have trimmed the film by 20 minutes and it remains to be seen as to how the film fares in the coming days.
Directed by Sukumar, "1 Nenokkadine" has Kriti Sanon, Nassar, Anu Haasan, Sayaji Shinde and Kelly Dorji in pivotal roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Salman Khan Lauds Pulkit Samrat, Compares to Aamir Khan
- Domestic Car Sales up 1.39 Percent in February
- Box Office Collection: ‘300: Rise of an Empire’ Dominates Over Hindi Releases; ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ Falls
- Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Earnings Escalate, ‘Gulaab Gang’ Average and ‘Total Siyapaa’ Dull
- Busy Priyanka Chopra Keeps Madhur Bhandarkar's 'Madamji' in Waiting
- Smartphone - Your New Eye Doctor
- Intex Cloud Y4+ Android Smartphone with 3G Support Released in India; Price, Availability Details
- Putin's Propaganda: Russian Soldiers Dressing up as Ukrainian Army
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Jayaprada, Jayasudha to Plunge into Poll Fray
- Aamir Khan Hails Kangana Ranaut's 'Queen' as Must Watch