'Veeram' Box Office: Will Ajith Starrer Break 'Arrambam' Collections?
Ajith's much-awaited film "Veeram" is all set to hit the screens on 10 January.
Directed by "Siruthai" Siva, "Veeram" is an action-packed, mass entertainer with all the commercial elements - action, comedy, romance and punch dialogues. After working in urban subjects, Ajith has returned to do a masala entertainer set in the backdrop of a village.
The actor, who was sporting stylish suits in films such as "Billa" and "Mankatha", will be seen in dhoti in "Veeram." He has also retained his salt and pepper look, which became popular in "Manakatha."
Expectations are high for "Veeram" as the film carries a positive pre-release buzz. The action entertainer is releasing just over two months after blockbuster flick "Arrambam" hit the screens. The stylish action film, which released on 31 October, turned out to be one of the biggest hits of 2013.
"Arrambam" gave Ajith his best ever opening despite getting released on a non-holiday (31 October). The film raked in around ₹8.75 crore (nett) on the first day at the Tamil Nadu box office and its collections from other areas including Kerala, Karnataka and North stood at ₹1.55 crore. The film's total opening day figures (India) amounted to approximately ₹10.30 crore.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"Arrambam" faced strong competition from other Diwali releases including "Pandiya Nadu" and "Krrish 3", but it still managed to sustain its momentum at the box office. The Ajith starrer reportedly grossed around ₹80 crore in three weeks at the worldwide box office. The Telugu version of the film titled "Aata Arrambam" also did average business.
The success of "Arrambam" reiterated the fact that Ajith is the king of box office, whose presence alone can bring in good revenues for the film.
Following the stupendous success of "Arrambam", the focus has shifted to "Veeram." The film's music, which was released last month, received luke-warm response. However, the film's teasers and trailers have generated a lot of hype about its content.
The Ajith starrer is set for a massive release worldwide and it is likely to take a fantastic opening on the first day of its release. But, it remains to be seen if the action entertainer will be able to break "Arrambam" collections, considering that the film will be facing strong competition from other Pongal releases including "Jilla" (Tamil), "1 Nenokkadine" (Telugu) and "Yevadu" (Telugu).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Salman Khan Lauds Pulkit Samrat, Compares to Aamir Khan
- Domestic Car Sales up 1.39 Percent in February
- Box Office Collection: ‘300: Rise of an Empire’ Dominates Over Hindi Releases; ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ Falls
- Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Earnings Escalate, ‘Gulaab Gang’ Average and ‘Total Siyapaa’ Dull
- Busy Priyanka Chopra Keeps Madhur Bhandarkar's 'Madamji' in Waiting
- Smartphone - Your New Eye Doctor
- Intex Cloud Y4+ Android Smartphone with 3G Support Released in India; Price, Availability Details
- Putin's Propaganda: Russian Soldiers Dressing up as Ukrainian Army
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Jayaprada, Jayasudha to Plunge into Poll Fray
- Aamir Khan Hails Kangana Ranaut's 'Queen' as Must Watch