Top Apps and Games of 2013 Preferred by Android Users
Google recently conducted a poll, titled Players' Choice: Top Google Play Apps and Games, which generated more than a million votes on the apps and games that Android users thought need to be recognised.
Here are the list of apps and games which featured in the list (Google Play):
- Knights & Dragons - The game from developers Gree Inc. has been voted as one of the most addictive games of 2013. It is an RPG with endless battles between the Knights and their mystical enemy, the dragons. Players are expected to build a team of heroes and have to defeat bosses. Players will be able to go on quests. They can also team up with friends and win to unlock knights, armor, gold, treasure and more. This is free-to-play game.
- Bejeweled Blitz - This is a puzzle game from PopCap. Players need to make the right match to detonate gems to clear the path for new ones. Players will also be able to compete with their Facebook friends. Players will experience varied results of matching 3 or more gems, and the faster they do it more will be the fun. The game has good graphics and sound to add to the fun. Rare gems will add to the high scores. This is free-to-play game.
- The Hobbit: Kingdoms - Players will be battling for Middle Earth as the Goblin and Orcs need to be driven out after the land is infested by Goblins. This combat strategy game from Kabam will allow players to take the role of an Elf or a Dwarf. Players will able to upgrade their buildings, weapons and will be able to plan their strategy using live chat.
- Duolingo: Learn Languages Free - is one of the coolest apps where users installing this can learn Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian and English. The app is interactive and has a wonderful UI. Players will also have smaller tests in pronunciation and usage of words. All progress and achievements is tracked.
- YouTube - This is one of the most famous media and video app for watching or uploading videos. Users will also be able to share videos with their friends and it has 'what to watch' recommendations. Users can subscribe to their favorite channels and they can put it to a watch later list.
- Ingress - Players will have to tap the source of a mysterious energy and collect gadgets that help them. Players will also be able to team up with others by communicating and planning the moves. This is free-to-play game.
- NewsHog: Google News & Weather - This is a news reader app for uses who like to have news on their fingertips. The app has feasts like text to speech to listen to news when wanted. They can also listen to news as they wake up by keeping an alarm. Players can choose between color themes and it also has automatic downloads for offline reading.
- Samurai Siege - Is an addictive tower defence game from Space Ape Games that allows players to raise armies and defend their villages. This is a multiplayer game where players can either fight alone or join forces to wage wars against other clans of players. This is free-to-play game.
- SwiftKey Keyboard - This app makes typing easier and faster with more customization features. This app is connected to the cloud and is seamless across all devices. It can predict your next word and adapts. Users can type in 3 languages at once.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- 'Arrow' Season 2 Spoilers, Speculation: Oliver Queen vs Harley Quinn? Deadshot, Bronze Tiger, Shrapnel in New Episode [Watch Promo Video]
- Amitabh Bachchan is 'Youngest' and 'Coolest', Says Honey Singh
- Kollywood: Vijay-Murugadoss's Film First Look for Tamil New Year? Ajith's Look in Gautham Project, Other News
- PS4’s Watch Dogs TV Spot Highlights Sharing, Optional Multiplayer Details and 5 Additional Modes
- HTC M8 aka All New HTC One Brochure Leaked Online; Key Specifications, Price Revealed
- inFamous Second Son Soundtrack Hints of New Powers, Day One Patch Announced and Trophies Leaked