Box Office Collection: 'Attarintiki Daredi', 'Ramayya Vastavayya' Worldwide Share
Here is the box office report of Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi" and Jr NTR's "Ramayya Vastavayya".
"Attarintiki Daredi" (AD)
Pawan Kalyan starrer has raked in a total worldwide share of ₹73.66 crore in six weeks, according to AndhraBoxOffice (ABO).
The family entertainer earned a major chunk of its collections from Andhra Pradesh. Its highest collections came from Nizam area, where it fetched around ₹23.10 crore.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The break-up of the film's share from AP are: ₹23.10 crore from Nizam, ₹10.11 crore from Ceded, ₹6.12 crore from Vizag, ₹4.03 crore from East, ₹3.33 crore from West, ₹3.64 crore Krishna, ₹5.12 crore from Guntur and ₹2.56 crore from Nellore. The total six-week share from AP is pegged at ₹58.01 crore.
With the inclusion of the film's collections from Karnataka, rest of India, US and the rest of World, "AD" worldwide share stands at ₹73.66 crore.
The success of "AD" has placed director Trivikram Srinivas on demand. The director's past releases have been hits except for Mahesh Babu's "Khaleja" which is an average grosser. With "AD", Trivikram has once again proved that he is successful commercial director.
Speculations are rife as to what would be the director's next film. Buzz is that Trivikram will team up with stylish star Allu Arjun for a new film. According to reports, it is in the final stages of script discussions. If the project is confirmed, then it would be the second film together for the director-actor duo. They had worked in 2012-action comedy film "Julayi" which turned out to be a big hit.
Jr NTR's "Ramayya Vastavayya" (RV) has minted ₹30.9 crore as the final worldwide share.
The action-packed entertainer received mixed reviews, mostly negative, from critics and audience alike. Although the film fetched pretty good collections on the first of its release, it failed to live up to the expectations of fans who claimed that the Jr NTR starrer lacked the entertainment quotient.
The film's business was closed soon with theatre owners removing it from their screens to accommodate new releases.
According to ABO, "RV" has earned ₹24.23 crore share from Andhra Pradesh. The film is the second biggest earner for NTR in Nizam and Karnataka areas, where it fetched ₹8.90 crore and ₹3.82 core, respectively. With the addition of the film's share from Karnataka, rest of India and overseas markets, "RV" has scored ₹30.9 crore in worldwide share.
Following the poor outcome of the film, Jr NTR seems to be making extra efforts for his next film "Joru" to become a big hit. The film, directed by Santosh Srinivas of "Kandireega" fame, will have Samantha and Pranitha as the leading ladies. While the commercial entertainer is Samantha's third film with NTR, it is Pranitha's first with the young tiger of Telugu cinema.
The film is expected to release during the summer of 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- IPL 7 Results: Maxwell, Miller Blitz Rajasthan Royals Into Submission as Kings XI Make Mockery of Another Big Chase
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Portland Trail Blazers v Houston Rockets Live Streaming Information
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Washington Wizards v Chicago Bulls Live Streaming Information
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Miami Heat v Charlotte Bobcats Live Streaming Information
- Watch NBA Playoffs: San Antonio Spurs v Dallas Mavericks Live Streaming Information
- Watch English Premier League: Everton vs Manchester United Live Streaming Information
- Watch IPL 7 Match 7: Rajasthan Royals vs Kings XI Punjab Live Streaming Information
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: Congress Hopes to Win 120 Seats to Form Next Governmet with Support of Third Front?
- Watch English Premier League: Hull City vs Arsenal Live Streaming Information
- Chinese GP Results: Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton Secures Third Title in a Row