‘Krrish 3’ Box Office Collection: Hrithik Starrer Breaks ‘Chennai Express’ 5-Day Record, Earns ₹134.8 Crore
Rakesh Roshan's directorial venture "Krrish 3" has shattered "Chennai Express" five day record at domestic box office by earning ₹134.87 crore.
"It's a rocking Tuesday! #Krrish3 is on a record-smashing spree. Collects ₹ 26.26 cr. Total: ₹ 134.87 cr. AWESOME," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Shah Rukh Khan's "Chennai Express," which became the highest grossing film ever, minted ₹124.54 crore in its five-day theatrical run, which includes paid previews.
"Krrish 3" which stars Hrithik Roshan in the lead role is setting records by making highest single day collection. Although, the film witnessed a drop on Tuesday, the business is still phenomenal.
The first weekend collections were low due to the Diwali festivities across the country, but it eventually picked up on Monday. On the other hand, "Chennai Express" had registered a huge drop in its collection on first Monday.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The collections from North and Central India have been exceptionally well especially on Monday. Single screens at several circuits are recording phenomenal collections as compared to multiplexes.
The five day breakup of "Krrish 3" and "Chennai Express" according to Taran Adarsh is:
Krrish 3: Friday ₹25.5 crore, Saturday ₹23 crore, Sunday ₹24.3 crore, Monday ₹35.91 crore and Tuesday 26.26 crore.
Chennai Express: ₹6.75 crore on Thursday's paid preview, ₹33.12 crore on Friday, ₹28.05 crore on Saturday, ₹32.50 crore on Sunday, ₹12.62 crore on Monday and ₹11.50 crore on Tuesday.
The film has already crossed one milestone by surpassing the ₹100 crore club in four days. With the current pace of "Krrish 3" should cross the ₹150 crore mark by Wednesday.
If it rakes in ₹150 crore by Wednesday then it would again break "Chennai Express" record, which took one week to surpass ₹150 crore mark.
"Krrish 3" produced and directed by Rakesh Roshan is the third installment film after "Koi...Mil Gaya" "Krrish". The target audience of the recently released film is mainly children and family audiences which is also one of the reasons why the film is earning huge amount at the box offices.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Rahul Gandhi Compares Narendra Modi to Hitler
- Maruti Investors Ratchet Up Pressure to Shelve Suzuki Deal
- Economic Data Likely to Point to Weak Growth, High Inflation
- Indian Politician’s Grandson Among Passengers in Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370, Family Awaits Disaster
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo Leaked: Release Date and Features to Expect
- Climate Change and Rain Helped Genghis Khan Create the Mongolian Empire – Study
- Great Grandson of Mahatma Gandhi Blames Rahul for Using Name of Father of the Nation for Electioneering
- Idea Launches Ultra II and Id 1000 3G Android Smartphones in India; Price, Specification Details
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Spy Shots Hit Web; Speculated Launch and Features Details
- NBA Preview: Houston Rockets vs Oklahoma City Thunder Live Streaming Information