‘Krrish 3’ Box Office Collection: Hrithik Starrer Breaks ‘Chennai Express’ 5-Day Record, Earns ₹134.8 Crore
Rakesh Roshan's directorial venture "Krrish 3" has shattered "Chennai Express" five day record at domestic box office by earning ₹134.87 crore.
"It's a rocking Tuesday! #Krrish3 is on a record-smashing spree. Collects ₹ 26.26 cr. Total: ₹ 134.87 cr. AWESOME," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Shah Rukh Khan's "Chennai Express," which became the highest grossing film ever, minted ₹124.54 crore in its five-day theatrical run, which includes paid previews.
"Krrish 3" which stars Hrithik Roshan in the lead role is setting records by making highest single day collection. Although, the film witnessed a drop on Tuesday, the business is still phenomenal.
The first weekend collections were low due to the Diwali festivities across the country, but it eventually picked up on Monday. On the other hand, "Chennai Express" had registered a huge drop in its collection on first Monday.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The collections from North and Central India have been exceptionally well especially on Monday. Single screens at several circuits are recording phenomenal collections as compared to multiplexes.
The five day breakup of "Krrish 3" and "Chennai Express" according to Taran Adarsh is:
Krrish 3: Friday ₹25.5 crore, Saturday ₹23 crore, Sunday ₹24.3 crore, Monday ₹35.91 crore and Tuesday 26.26 crore.
Chennai Express: ₹6.75 crore on Thursday's paid preview, ₹33.12 crore on Friday, ₹28.05 crore on Saturday, ₹32.50 crore on Sunday, ₹12.62 crore on Monday and ₹11.50 crore on Tuesday.
The film has already crossed one milestone by surpassing the ₹100 crore club in four days. With the current pace of "Krrish 3" should cross the ₹150 crore mark by Wednesday.
If it rakes in ₹150 crore by Wednesday then it would again break "Chennai Express" record, which took one week to surpass ₹150 crore mark.
"Krrish 3" produced and directed by Rakesh Roshan is the third installment film after "Koi...Mil Gaya" "Krrish". The target audience of the recently released film is mainly children and family audiences which is also one of the reasons why the film is earning huge amount at the box offices.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Watch IPL 2014 Match 10: Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings Live Streaming Information
- Fans Voted Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif as Veronica, Archie and Betty
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: Kejriwal Files Nomination from Varanasi, Accuses Congress, BJP of Spending Black Money on Campaigning
- OnePlus One Phablet with CyanogenMod 11S Android KitKat OS, 3GB RAM Unveiled; Price, Availability Details
- Supreme Court asks Govt to Reveal List of Indian Account Holders in German Bank
- Suzuki Let’s Bookings Open in India; Price, Launch Details
- Motorola Moto X Walnut Wood Panel Variant Now Available in India; Price and Specification Details
- Kollywood News: Vijay-Amala Paul Wedding; 'Vijay 58' Update; 'Ai' Audio Release
- IIFA Awards 2014: Hollywood Star John Travolta to Join Bollywood Celebs in Tampa Bay
- What is ANZAC Day: Meaning, History Fast Facts And Major Events