'Boss' Box Office Collection: Akshay Starrer Continues Declining Streak in India
The collections of Bollywood film "Boss" has been going down drastically, earning in the range of ₹2 crore-₹3 crore on weekdays.
Akshay Kumar starrer action comedy film has raked in around ₹2 crore on the second Wednesday as per early estimates.
The eight-day collections of "Boss" stand at approximately ₹47.5 crore, which is quite low keeping in mind that it has Akshay in the lead role.
"#Boss collected approx ₹40.75 cr nett in its 5-day weekend [Wed to Sun]. Breakup: Wed 12.75 cr, Thu 8 cr, Fri 6 cr, Sat 6 cr, Sun 8 cr," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Taking note of the trend, it seems that Anthony D'Souza's directorial film would not even cross the ₹50-crore mark within the first week.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
On the other hand, "Besharam" had crossed the half-century mark before finishing its first-week run.
All seven films are not big-budget films, but they will bring down the screen count of "Boss" drastically, affecting the box office figures in the long run.
Apart from Akshay, the film also features Mithun Chakraborty, Danny Denzongpa, Johnny Lever, Aditi Rao Hydari, Shiv Pandit and Ronit Roy.
Meanwhile, Rajkumar Yadav's "Shahid" has raked in ₹2.93 crore in six days at the domestic box office. The film which received rave reviews from critics is attracting select audience at the box office.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- ‘Revolver Rani’ Reviews Roundup: Kangana Impresses Again, but Film Disappoints
- Special Screening Of 'Revolver Rani' at Lightbox Theatre [PHOTOS]
- Anushka Sharma-Sidharth Malhotra to Team up for 'Priceless' Remake: Report
- Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 with Built-in Projector Launched
- ‘Jodha Akbar’ Serial: Director Santram Verma Refutes Sexual Abuse Allegations made by Paridhi Sharma