'Boss' Box Office Collection: Akshay Starrer Drops on Monday
Action comedy film "Boss" first weekday registered low earnings at domestic box office. The business of the film, which witnessed slight growth on Sunday, declined again on Monday.
As per early estimates, the film did a business of around ₹2.5- ₹3 crore on Monday, taking its six day total to approximately ₹43 crore. However, the final figures of Monday are being compiled.
"#Boss collected approx ₹40.75 cr nett in its 5-day weekend [Wed to Sun]. Breakup: Wed 12.75 cr, Thu 8 cr, Fri 6 cr, Sat 6 cr, Sun 8 cr," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The business of the film was best in single screens especially in north circuits like Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan and Central India. But at multiplexes the film failed to show any growth.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Anthony D'Souza's directorial film should take its first total to more than ₹50 crore if it runs in same speed at Indian box offices. But it will be difficult for the film to cross ₹100 crore mark at domestic box office.
The release of new films in the coming week and "Krrish 3" on 1 November will affect "Boss" collection significantly at worldwide box offices.
However, Akshay had earlier said that he is not worried about ₹100 crore club.
"I am not worried about being in ₹100 crore club. My film 'Oh My God' topped about 82-84 crore and was a success despite not being in the ₹100 crore club because it was made only in ₹12 crores," the actor said while promoting "Boss", according to Press Trust of India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- HTC Desire 816 vs Nokia Lumia 1320 vs Sony Xperia T2 Ultra: Specifications Comparison
- ‘2 States’ Box Office Collection: Alia-Arjun Starrer Beats ‘Main Tera Hero’ in 6 Days
- Tata Bolt Spotted Testing Again as Launch Nears
- No Delay in 'Kochadaiiyaan' Release: Rajinikanth Starrer Set to Hit Theatres on 9 May
- Barcelona Open 2014 Live Streaming Information: Where to Watch Rafael Nadal in Action
- Hyundai 1.0-Litre Eon Magna Launched in India: Report
- Renault India Opens Second Dealership in Jaipur
- Microsoft, HP Launch Omni 10 Tablet PC with Pearson Educational Contents for Indian College Students; Price, Specification Details
- Lok Sabha Polls 2014: Ajith, Vijay, Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan and other Stars Cast their Votes
- Kashmiris Wary as Modi Challenges for Power