'Boss' Box Office Collection: Will Akshay Starrer Become a Hit?
Akshay Kumar's upcoming film "Boss" is booked for an Eid slot i.e. on 16 October. His last film "Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai Dobaara" was supposed to hit screens on Eid (9 August), but was eventually postponed.
"Boss", an upcoming action comedy film, will have a solo release. Now, it remains to be seen if the film will achieve the same level of success as the films starring Shah Rukh Khan or Salman Khan at the at box office.
After the success of "Wanted" (2009) Salman had booked the Eid slot for his films which turned out to be blockbusters like "Dabangg", "Bodyguard" or "Ek Tha Tiger".
But this year, the slot was taken Shah Rukh's film "Chennai Express" which shattered records worldwide.
The release of "OUATIMD" was rescheduled to Independence Day, but the film crashed at collection centres.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
All hopes are riding high on "Boss" as his last few films including "Joker" turned out to be a flop show.
Trade analysts have quoted several reasons that "Boss" will be another hit film in Akshay's career.
The film is a remake of Malayalam flick "Pokkiri Raja" which became the second highest grosser in Mollywood ever. Akshay's "Rowdy Rathore", a remake of Telugu flick "Vikramarkudu", was a box office hit. South remakes have generally received good response from audiences.
In the last two months, most of the big films have failed to make it big at the box office. "Besharam" and "Phata Poster Nikla Hero" had disappointed critics as well as audiences, providing an opportunity for "Boss" to rake in more cash.
Akshay is leaving no stone unturned for promoting "Boss". The promotion of the film just before the release is garnering huge attention.
Like "Chennai Express", Akshay's flick is also being released in new overseas markets. Besides Peru and France, "Boss" will also hit screens in Latin America markets.
Although, the buzz surrounding the film is quite positive, it remains to be seen how the film opens on Wednesday. Directed by Anthony D'Souza, the film also features Mithun Chakraborty, Danny Denzongpa, Johnny Lever, Aditi Rao Hydari, Shiv Pandit and Ronit Roy in important roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Energy Price Hikes Prompt Three Year High in UK Supplier Churn
- OECD Brands Labour’s Energy Price Fixing Pledge as Economically Unsound
- ‘Big Six’ E.on Warns of More Energy Price Hikes over Next 18 Months
- ‘Big Six’ E.on Hikes Energy Prices the Day After Autumn Statement
- Npower Boss Says Bonus 'Will be Slashed' Because of Poor Customer Service
- Kourtney Kardashian And Scott Disick: Ready To Get Married And Expectant [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]
- Champions League Preview: Steaua Bucharest vs Schalke Live Streaming Information
- One Direction: Is Harry Styles Dating Kendall Jenner? Band Reveals Truth About Split Up Rumors
- Ofgem: Centrica Had Best Profit Margins in 2012
- Npower Is UK's Most Complained-About Energy Firm [VIDEO]