'Boss' Box Office Collection: Will Akshay Starrer Become a Hit?
Akshay Kumar's upcoming film "Boss" is booked for an Eid slot i.e. on 16 October. His last film "Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai Dobaara" was supposed to hit screens on Eid (9 August), but was eventually postponed.
"Boss", an upcoming action comedy film, will have a solo release. Now, it remains to be seen if the film will achieve the same level of success as the films starring Shah Rukh Khan or Salman Khan at the at box office.
After the success of "Wanted" (2009) Salman had booked the Eid slot for his films which turned out to be blockbusters like "Dabangg", "Bodyguard" or "Ek Tha Tiger".
But this year, the slot was taken Shah Rukh's film "Chennai Express" which shattered records worldwide.
The release of "OUATIMD" was rescheduled to Independence Day, but the film crashed at collection centres.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
All hopes are riding high on "Boss" as his last few films including "Joker" turned out to be a flop show.
Trade analysts have quoted several reasons that "Boss" will be another hit film in Akshay's career.
The film is a remake of Malayalam flick "Pokkiri Raja" which became the second highest grosser in Mollywood ever. Akshay's "Rowdy Rathore", a remake of Telugu flick "Vikramarkudu", was a box office hit. South remakes have generally received good response from audiences.
In the last two months, most of the big films have failed to make it big at the box office. "Besharam" and "Phata Poster Nikla Hero" had disappointed critics as well as audiences, providing an opportunity for "Boss" to rake in more cash.
Akshay is leaving no stone unturned for promoting "Boss". The promotion of the film just before the release is garnering huge attention.
Like "Chennai Express", Akshay's flick is also being released in new overseas markets. Besides Peru and France, "Boss" will also hit screens in Latin America markets.
Although, the buzz surrounding the film is quite positive, it remains to be seen how the film opens on Wednesday. Directed by Anthony D'Souza, the film also features Mithun Chakraborty, Danny Denzongpa, Johnny Lever, Aditi Rao Hydari, Shiv Pandit and Ronit Roy in important roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- IIFA Awards 2014: Hollywood Star John Travolta to Join Bollywood Celebs in Tampa Bay
- Devastated Motorcyclist Sues Michael Schumacher Over an Accident that Happened Two Weeks Before Skiing Crash
- Floyd Mayweather and Shantel Jackson End Romance for Good; Undefeated Fighter Posts Unflattering Picture of Ex-Fiancée on Instagram
- World Cup 2014: A Guide to Arena De Sao Paulo
- Kim Kardashian Shows off her Undergarments on a Dinner Date With Vogue Editor Anna Wintour: Celebrating Vogue Cover Success?
- Most Hilarious Spoofs on Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Vogue Cover: From Seth Rogen's Spoof to Kermit Version
- Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Remains Strong; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Falls
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2 Spoilers: Norman Bates in Miss Watson's Murder Mystery, Bradley Disappears After [SPOILERS]
- Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Earnings Escalate, ‘Gulaab Gang’ Average and ‘Total Siyapaa’ Dull
- ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ Box Office Collection: Farhan-Vidya Starrer Registers Good Opening Weekend