Ajith's 'Arrambam' May Release on 31 October in Kerala
With just 44 days left for Diwali, alot of buzz doing the rounds about Ajith's "Arrambam."
Latest we hear is that the Kerala theatrical rights of "Arrambam" has been sold for a whopping amount of ₹1.45 crore. The theatrical rights were purchased by Sree kaleeshwary, the same distributor who bought Suriya's "Singam 2". [Also Read: "Arrambam" Audio Released]
Demand for the Ajith starrer is quite high, thanks to a massive fan following that the actor enjoys in south India. Earlier, "Arrambam" was sold for a hefty sum of ₹6.9 crore to leading distributor Cosmo Shiva for areas including Coimbatore, Tiruppur, Ooty and Erode. It has been the highest amount paid for any Ajith film. Interestingly, "Arrambam" grossed more than the amount fetched by recent releases - "Thalaivaa" and "Singam 2".
Last week, the Karnataka theatrical rights of "Arrambam" was purchased by Sri Lakshmi Swami Enterprise for over ₹3 crore.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The makers of "Arrambam" have begun booking theatres for the film, which is all set to hit screens during Diwali. The Ajith starrer has to battle it out with Karthi's "All in All Azhagu Raja" and Vishal's "Pandiyanadu".
The battle is not just at the box office, but also for theatre bookings as Studio Green (makers of "All in All Azhagu Raja') is known for arranging massive bookings for their films, reported The Times of India. It remains to be seen as to which film will get maximum number of screens.
"Arrambam" is likely to get released on 1 November (Friday), but Kerala trade sources say that the film is expected to make its way to theatres a day ahead on 31 October, to cash in on the four-day opening weekend, reported Indiaglitz. However, there is no official confirmation on the same.
"Arrambam" is an action entertainer starring Ajith, Arya, Nayanthara, Taapsee Pannu and Rana Daggubati. This Vishnu Vardhan directorial is produced by AM Rathnam's Sri Surya Movies in association with A Raghuram's Sri Satya Sai Movies.
The film's audio release and trailer launch are slated for 19 September.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Jaya, Maya, Mamata to Play key Role in New Government Formation
- India Set to Challenge U.S. for Election-spending Record
- Top High-End Tablet PCs Available in the Indian Market
- Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Trailer, Audio Released
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Congress Releases First List of 194 Candidates
- 1st T20 Where to Watch Live: South Africa vs Australia Live Streaming Information
- Satyamev Jayate 2: Aamir Khan Questions the State of Police System in the Country
- 1st T20 Where to Watch Live: West Indies vs England Live Streaming Information
- Box Office: 'Queen', 'Gulaab Gang' and 'Total Siyapaa' Day 1 Collections
- Nokia X Android Smartphone to Launch in India on 10 March: Report