Playback Singer Chinmayi to Tie Knot With Actor Rahul Ravindran in 2014
Playback singer Chinmayi Sripaada is all set to tie the knot with actor Rahul Ravindran, who is known for his films "Moscowin Kavery" and "Andala Rakshasi".
Their parents have agreed to their marriage and the wedding will take place in February next year. "Everybody is talking like we are going to get married tomorrow, but the wedding is likely to take place only early next year. Chinmayi and I have been seeing each other for a few months now and our parents have met and agreed for the wedding," Rahul told Indo-Asian News Service. "It's going to be a love-cum-arranged marriage."
Chinamyi is a a well-known singer-cum-dubbing artiste. She began her singing career in 2002 with the song "Oru Deivam Thanta Poove" for the film "Kannathil Muthamittal". Since then, Chinmayi has crooned to several hit songs in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi. Some of her popular numbers include "Sahana" from "Shivaji", "Vaarayo Vaarayo" from "Aadhavan", "Kilimanjaro" from "Endhiran", "Tere Bina" and "Mayya" from Hindi film "Guru", "Ay Sakhi" from "Raanjhanaa" and "Titli" from "Chennai Express".
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Besides singing, Chinmayi has also worked as a dubbing artiste, giving voice-over to popular actresses in their films. She has dubbed for Bhumika Chawla ("Sillinu Oru Kaadhal"), Sameera Reddy ("Vaaranam Aayiram", "Asal" and "Vettai") and Samanth Ruth Prabhu ("Eega", "Naan Ee" and "Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu"). The multi-faceted artiste is also the founder and CEO of Blue Elephant, a translation services company.
On the other hand, her boyfriend Rahul is a south Indian actor known for his roles in "Moscowin Kaveri" (Tamil) and "Andala Rakshasi" (Telugu). He will next be seen in "Vanakkam Chennai", which also stars Shiva, Priya Anand and Santhanam.
The young couple will be continue with their respective careers after marriage. According to Chinmayi's mother Padmhasini, her daughter will pursue her work from Chennai, while Rahul is planning to continue his career from Hyderabad. It will be sort of a long-distant marriage, she told The Times of India.
The couple is yet to fix their engagement and marriage dates. It is expected to be a gala affair with the presence of celebrities from the Indian film industry.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Jaya, Maya, Mamata to Play key Role in New Government Formation
- India Set to Challenge U.S. for Election-spending Record
- Top High-End Tablet PCs Available in the Indian Market
- Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Trailer, Audio Released
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Congress Releases First List of 194 Candidates
- 1st T20 Where to Watch Live: South Africa vs Australia Live Streaming Information
- Satyamev Jayate 2: Aamir Khan Questions the State of Police System in the Country
- 1st T20 Where to Watch Live: West Indies vs England Live Streaming Information
- Box Office: 'Queen', 'Gulaab Gang' and 'Total Siyapaa' Day 1 Collections
- Nokia X Android Smartphone to Launch in India on 10 March: Report