Mahesh Babu's 'Aagadu' Heroine Replaced?
Uncertainty looms over who will be Mahesh Babu's heroine in his next film "Aagadu" with director Sreenu Vaitla.
Earlier, it was reported that milk-white beauty Tamannah will be playing Mahesh's love interest in the action-drama film.
Latest buzz is that Shruti Haasan has replaced Tamannah as the leading lady in "Aagadu". The reason is said to be Shruti's dream run at the Andhra Pradesh box office. Her last two Telugu films - "Gabbar Singh" and "Balupu" - are big hits.
Shruti is believed to have turned a lucky charm for two of the biggest stars in Telugu cinema - Pawan Kalyan and Ravi Teja, ending their flop streak. Now, the multi-talented actress has become one of the most south-after actresses of the Telugu film industry.
Four films of the actress including two in Telugu and two in Hindi have already released in the first half of 2013. She is awaiting the release of her Telugu biggie - "Yevadu" - with Ram Charan Teja. The film was scheduled to hit screens on 21 August, but was pushed further due to the Telangana crisis. "Yevadu" will make it to theatres in October.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
On the other hand, some of Tamannah's last few releases have bombed at the box office. This might have led the filmmakers to have a change of heart, reported The Times of India.
The news of Shurti replacing Tamannah has come just days after reports emerged that she has replaced Asin and bagged John Abraham-starrer "Welcome Back", a sequel to Akshay's "Welcome".
However, there is no official confirmation on Shruti working with Mahesh Babu. If the reports are true, then it would be the first time that Shruti will be paired opposite Mahesh, who is one of the leading stars of Telugu cinema.
"Aagadu" is expected to go on floors by November this year. Expectations are high for the fillm as the superstar is teaming up with director Sreenu after the 2011-blockbuster flick "Dookudu". Mahesh is currently involved in his upcoming film "One -"Nenokkadaine", directed by Sukumar.
The film's unit has completed extensive shooting in Europe and will be heading to Bangkok for their next schedule. "One" will be releasing on Sankranti next year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Shahid Kapoor and Tabu to Reunite for 'Return Gift' after 'Haider"?
- Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Remains Strong; ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Falls
- Kollywood: Vijay-Murugadoss's Film First Look for Tamil New Year? Ajith's Look in Gautham Project, Other News
- ‘Ranavikrama’ First Look: Puneeth Rajkumar in Double Role
- Datsun Go Deliveries to Begin from 15 March; Launch, Price Details
- Sony Xperia E1 Dual Music-Centric Budget Smartphone Released; Price, Availability Details
- Femina Miss India 2014: Sri Lanka to Host Pageant; Top 25 Finalists Announced
- Priyadarshan to Quit Filmmaking - Report
- Champions League Where to Watch Live: PSG vs Bayer Leverkusen Live Streaming Information
- Champions League Where to Watch Live: Barcelona vs Manchester City Live Streaming Information