Ajith-Siva Film Titled 'Veeram'
The title of Ajith's upcoming film with 'Siruthai Siva' has been announced.
According to reports, Ajith's 54th film produced by Vijaya productions has been titled "Veeram".
Earlier, there were reports that the film has been named "Vinayagam Brothers". But a source close to the actor has confirmed to The Times of India that the film's title has been kept as "Veeram".
"The alphabet 'v' has been lucky for Ajith. Films starting with the alphabet, be it Vaali or Villain or Varalaaru, have been successful at the box office. So, the team wanted to work on this streak. Moreover, Siva felt Veeram is a title that would do justice to the film's story," the source told the news daily.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"Veeram" is reportedly a rural subject and Ajith will be seen in a rural avatar. The film boasts of an interesting star cast including Tamannah, Santhanam, Vidyulekha Raman, Pradeep Rawat, Abhinaya and Vidharth in supporting roles.
The film's shooting is progressing at a brisk pace in Raigada, in the Andhra-Orissa border. Ajith will reportedly enact some daredevil stunt sequences in the flick.
Once the shooting is over, post production work will begin in full swing. "Veeram" will make it to the theatres for Pongal next year. A press statement said, "We are confident that 'Veeram' will be a treat to Ajith fans across the globe as it is going to be his Pongal 2014 release." The film is heading for a big clash with Vijay's "Jilla", which is also expected to get released around Pongal. The first look of "Veeram" is expected to be unveiled on 15 August.
Ajith is also working on another project directed by Vishnu Vardhan. It has to be noted that the film which is on the making for over one year was given the title "Arrambam" only a few weeks ago. The action entertainer is expected to get released for Diwali this year. However, there is no official confirmation on the same.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- ICC Women’s World T20 To Begin on March 23; Full Squad List
- Malaysia Air Probe Finds Scant Evidence of Attack, Say Sources
- Nokia Lumia 635: New Nokia Phone Spotted at FCC Database with Model Number RM-979
- Salman Khan Lauds Pulkit Samrat, Compares to Aamir Khan
- Domestic Car Sales up 1.39 Percent in February
- Box Office Collection: ‘300: Rise of an Empire’ Dominates Over Hindi Releases; ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ Falls
- Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Earnings Escalate, ‘Gulaab Gang’ Average and ‘Total Siyapaa’ Dull
- Busy Priyanka Chopra Keeps Madhur Bhandarkar's 'Madamji' in Waiting
- Smartphone - Your New Eye Doctor
- Intex Cloud Y4+ Android Smartphone with 3G Support Released in India; Price, Availability Details