'Ramaiya Vastavaiya' Box Office Collection: Girish-Shruti Starrer Beats 'D-Day' on Day 1, Earns ₹3 Crore
Comedy film, "Ramaiya Vastavaiya" directed by Prabhu Deva witnessed a decent opening, collecting ₹3.5 crore at the box office on day one, which is higher than the collection of "D-Day".
"Ramaiya Vastavaiya" featuring Girish Kumar and Shruti Haasan earned ₹3.5 crore on the opening day, according to trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh.
Interestingly, "Ramaiya Vastavaiya" received negative reviews from film critics while "D-Day", which was also released on the same day, was applauded but it was the former that prevailed at the box office on day one.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"D-Day" starring Arjun Rampal, Shruti Haasan, Rishi Kapoor and Irrfan Khan earned only about ₹2.50 crore on the opening day as compared to ₹3.5 crore collected by director Nikhil Advani's "Ramaiya Vastavaiya".
"Ramaiya Vastavaiya" is inspired from Prabhu Deva's Telugu directorial debut film, "Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana", which itself was a reminiscent of the 1998 film, "Pyar Kiya Toh Darna Kya" and 80s film, "Maine Pyar Kiya".
The film is about a young Indian boy, who is brought up in Australia, returns home to attend his cousin's engagement. He meets a simple village girl (Shruti Haasan) at the event and falls in love with her. However, the girl was forced to return to her village after Ram's mother, who wants her son to marry a rich girl, insulted her and her brother at a party. The rest of the story is about how Ram gets back his ladylove.
"Ramaiya Vastavaiya" is produced by Kumar Taurani and features Randhir Kapoor, Vinod Khanna, Satish Shah, Paresh Ganatra and Nassar in important roles. It also has an item number featuring Jacqueline Fernandez and Prabhu Deva.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Sony Xperia Z1 vs. Xperia Z Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Is Orlando Bloom’s Wife, Miranda Kerr Singing Love Songs for James Packer? [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Australian Dollar Outlook - December 5, 2013
- Melbourne Zoo Saddened by Sudden Death of Elephant Calf Sanook
- Qantas Cuts 1,000 Jobs; Warns of $300 Million Loss for 1st Half
- 7 Most Refreshing Beer Gardens Australia Is Truly Proud Of
- 19 Races for 2014 FIA Formula One World Championship
- Indonesia Still Seeking Explanation from Australia for Spying; Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop to Jakarta for New Code of Conduct Discussion
- Shell Prelude: World's Biggest Vessel Ever is Floated in South Korea [PICTURES]
- Ashes 2013, Australia v England, 1st Test, Day 1: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Team News
‘Ram-leela’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Deepika Starrer Becomes 4th Highest Grossing Film in India