Jiah Khan: Actress in Amitabh Bachchan Film ‘Nishabd’ Commits Suicide
Bollywood Actress Jiah Khan committed suicide by hanging at her Juhu flat in Mumbai on Monday evening.
The actress' mother, Rubiya is said to be the first to see the actress hanging from a fan.
According to police, no suicide note was found. Her neighbours, maid and watchmen are being interrogated. Her body has been sent to JJ Hospital for post-mortem.
According to a Daily Bhaskar report, Jiah was suffering from depression and was taking anti-depressants. The 25-year-old actress "had been depressed for some time due to personal issues, but was keen on returning to acting soon. She was also meeting filmmakers regarding projects," revealed a source to The Times of India.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Amitabh Bachchan, her first co-star in "Nishabd", was shell-shocked with the news. "-WHAT ...!!! Jiah Khan ??? what has happened ? is this correct ? unbelievable !!!" he tweeted.
Jiah had starred in Aamir Khan's action blockbuster "Ghajni" (2008) and was seen alongside Akshay Kumar in "Housefull" (2010).
The actress even received a Filmfare Debut Nomination for her 'confidence, attitude, and sex appeal' in the controversial film "Nishabd".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Rani Mukherji-Aditya Chopra Wedding: Uday Chopra Becomes Butt of Jokes on Twitter
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Upcoming Film 'Revolver Rani' at Filmalaya Studios [PHOTOS]
- Fans Voted Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif as Veronica, Archie and Betty
- Watch Champions League Semifinal: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich Live Streaming Information
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Portland Trail Blazers vs Houston Rockets Game 2 Live Streaming Information
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Dallas Mavericks vs San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Live Streaming Information