Box Office Collection: ‘Aashiqui 2’, ‘Shootout at Wadala’ Going Well; ‘Go Goa Gone’ Falls
This year, the box office in India has seen some major disappointments as well as some surprise hits like "Aashiqui 2" and "Shootout at Wadala".
Both the movies - ending the dry spell at domestic box office - are doing superb at collection centers compared to new releases like "Go Goa Gone" and "Gippi".
Musical love story, "Aashiqui 2", which is a sequel to 1990 film, is turning out to be a blockbuster.
As per early estimates, the film collected more than ₹11 crore in its third week, taking the overall total to ₹65 crore. The film, which features fresh faces - Aditya Roy Kapur and Shraddha Kapoor - remained unaffected by new releases that had big star cast.
Mohit Suri's directorial romantic film, made with a budget of ₹12 crore, will earn ₹70 - 75 crore if it continues its steady pace in into the fourth week at box offices in India.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Moreover, the film has become the third highest grosser film of the year after Saif Ali Khan's "Race 2" and Akshay Kumar's "Special 26".
Gangster film, "Shootout at Wadala" was released a week after "Aashiqui 2" but it did not affect the business of the film.
Sanjay Gupta's directorial action drama finished the second week with a decent collections in India. Within two weeks of release, the film has earned whopping ₹57.12 crore.
In its first week, "Shootout at Wadala" made a business of ₹45.82 crore, and in week too it minted ₹11.3 crore, according to trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh. The second week breakup of the film is: Friday ₹2.02 crore, Saturday ₹2.33 crore, Sunday ₹2.57 crore, Monday ₹1.20 crore, Tuesday ₹1.17 crore, Wednesday ₹1.01 crore and Thursday ₹1 crore.
The action drama is a sequel to "Shootout at Lokhandwala" and features John Abraham, Kangna Ranaut, Anil Kapoor, Tusshar Kapoor, and Sonu Sood in the lead roles. And Jackie Shroff, Manoj Bajpai, Ronit Roy and Mahesh Manjrekar are featured in supporting roles.
Last week's release "Go Goa Gone" starring Saif Ali Khan is lifeless at box office. The opening weekend of the zom-com was not up to the expectations and it failed to pick up in the weekend too.
In its first week, the film collected only ₹19.92 crores from Indian market. Touted to be India's first zom-com, the film has done average business in its first week.
The day-wise breakup of the film is - Friday ₹3.75 crore, Saturday ₹4.25 crore, Sunday ₹4.90 crore, Monday ₹2.05 crore, Tuesday ₹1.87 crore, Wednesday ₹1.60 crore and Thursday ₹1.50 crore.
The film based on zombies is directed by Raj Nidimoru and Krishna DK. Apart from Saif, it also features Kunal Khemu, Vir Das and Anand Tiwari in important roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Edition Teased Online; Tipped to Launch in May
- NTT DoCoMo to Exit India, Unload Entire Stake in Tata Teleservices - Sources
- Watch Europa League Semifinal First Leg: Sevilla vs Valencia Live Streaming Information
- Watch Europa League Semifinal: Benfica vs Juventus Live Streaming Information
- Anushka Sharma-Sidharth Malhotra to Team up for 'Priceless' Remake: Report
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Los Angeles Clippers vs Golden State Warriors Game 3 Live Streaming Information
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Memphis Grizzlies Game 3 Live Streaming Information
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: Modi is Power Hungry, Says Sonia Gandhi; Manmohan Singh Casts Vote in Assam
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Indiana Pacers vs Atlanta Hawks Game 3 Live Streaming Information
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: Modi Files 2nd Nomination from Varanasi, Vows to Develop it into World's Spiritual Capital