'Go Goa Gone' Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer Earns ₹16 Crore in 5 Days
The film features Saif Ali Khan, Kunal Khemu, Vir Das and Anand Tiwari in important roles. Considering the star cast, the five days collection is very disappointing.
The five day breakup in domestic collections is: Friday ₹3.75 crore, Saturday ₹4.25 crore, Sunday ₹4.90 crore, Monday ₹2.05 crore and Tuesday ₹1.87 crore.
The first day earnings of the film were unexpectedly low, but it picked up over the weekend. However, the collection declined 60 percent on Monday as compared to previous day.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Saif Ali Khan's last film "Race 2" which was released earlier this year was a superhit film and had fetched more than ₹100 crore at the box office. But "Go Goa Gone" had failed to entertain the audiences. The two-day collection of "Race 2" was ₹35.84 crore, while the five-days collection of "Go Goa Gone" is not even half of it.
The film failed to meet the expectations of critics, but for filmmakers it is turning a profitable venture since the film has earned the total production cost of ₹16 core in just five days.
The film had received poor response even from the international market. The opening weekend collection of the film was lower than that of "Shootout at Wadala" which is not an overseas-friendly genre, trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh said.
The film is directed by Raj Nidimoru and Krishna DK.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- IPL 7 Results: Rahane, Binny Guide Rajasthan Royals Past Sunrisers Hyderabad in Low-Scorer
- Watch IPL 7 Match 4 Live: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals Live Streaming Information
- Watch IPL 7 Match 3 Live: Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab Live Streaming Information
- 'Damaal Dumeel' Review Roundup: Enjoyable Fun Ride; Worth a Watch
- ‘2 States’ Box Office Collection: Alia-Arjun Starrer Witnesses Good Occupancy on Day 1
- India Passes Halfway Mark in Election with BJP Gaining Strength
- ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ Box Office Collection: Amitabh Starrer Finishes 1st Week; Earns ₹30 Crore
- 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' Season 7: No Kapil Sharma as Host, Child Star Akshat Singh to Participate; Report
- Facebook to E-Money Attempt Could Challenge Retail Banks; Lessons From Yahoo
- IPL 7 Results: Bowlers, Yuvraj and Kohli Guide RCB to Easy Win over Delhi Daredevils