'Go Goa Gone' Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer Earns ₹16 Crore in 5 Days
The film features Saif Ali Khan, Kunal Khemu, Vir Das and Anand Tiwari in important roles. Considering the star cast, the five days collection is very disappointing.
The five day breakup in domestic collections is: Friday ₹3.75 crore, Saturday ₹4.25 crore, Sunday ₹4.90 crore, Monday ₹2.05 crore and Tuesday ₹1.87 crore.
The first day earnings of the film were unexpectedly low, but it picked up over the weekend. However, the collection declined 60 percent on Monday as compared to previous day.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Saif Ali Khan's last film "Race 2" which was released earlier this year was a superhit film and had fetched more than ₹100 crore at the box office. But "Go Goa Gone" had failed to entertain the audiences. The two-day collection of "Race 2" was ₹35.84 crore, while the five-days collection of "Go Goa Gone" is not even half of it.
The film failed to meet the expectations of critics, but for filmmakers it is turning a profitable venture since the film has earned the total production cost of ₹16 core in just five days.
The film had received poor response even from the international market. The opening weekend collection of the film was lower than that of "Shootout at Wadala" which is not an overseas-friendly genre, trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh said.
The film is directed by Raj Nidimoru and Krishna DK.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Congress Breaks Losing Streak; Wins Mizoram
- Samsung Confirms Android 4.3 Roll-out Resumes for Galaxy S3 in UK
- India: Common Man's Party Ushers in Broomstick Revolution
- Nissan to Kick-start Online Car Sales in India
- Little India Riot: Incident Raises Fear of Backlash
- Tata Motors Mulls Price Hike for Passenger Vehicle Segment
- Gionee Pioneer P3 with Quad-Core Processor Launched in India for ₹7,499
- Singapore’s Little India Hit by Riots, Many Vehicles Torched and 18 Injured
- Deepika Padukone Okay with Turning Down 'Fast and Furious 7'
- 80,000 People, 60 World Leaders to Attend One of the Largest Funerals in History
'Dhoom 3': Will Aamir Starrer Shatter 'Krrish 3' Collections in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu Box Office?