Akshay Kumar Breaks Rule for ‘Once Upon A Time in Mumbai 2’; Shoots on Sunday After 7 Years
Bollywood's action star Akshay Kumar recently broke one of his rules about not shooting on Sundays for Milan Luthria's "Once Upon A Time In Mumbai 2" (OUATIM).
According to reports, Akshay agreed to shoot on Sunday for "OUATIM" after a gap of seven years. The 45-year-old actor, who keeps Sundays aside for his family, had last worked on his sabbatical for Priyadarshan's "Bhagam Bhag" in 2006.
Stating that the shooting of "OUATIM" had to be cancelled for three days after film's director Milan fell ill, a source from the film's unit said, ''Milan has been down with viral. Therefore the shoot had to be cancelled for three days. So Akshay agreed to work on April 7 (Sunday) to make up for the lost time."
"As this is the film's final schedule, the makers can't push it any further either. The permission and availability of the shooting venue (at Ballard Pier in south Mumbai) is also a constraint,'' he added.
The source said that the shooting commenced at 7 am on Sunday and went on till late night. "The shoot went on all day till the sun went down. The idea was to finish as much as they could," said the source.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Confirming the reports Milan said, "Yes, I have asked Akshay for a big favour (by making him work on a Sunday). But what we shot on April 7 is a interesting sequence," he says, adding, "I haven't told him yet, but I need him to work next Sunday too."
"OUATIM" is a gangster romantic thriller produced by Ekta Kapoor and stars Akshay, Imran Khan and Sonakshi Sinha in lead roles.
The film, a sequel of 2010 release "Once Upon A Time In Mumbai" which featured Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi, Kangana Ranaut and Prachi Desai in lead roles, is set to hit screens this Eid with Shah Rukh Khan's "Chennai Express".
Recently, Akshay, Sonakshi and Imran were spotted together promoting "OUATIM" at the maiden match of the ongoing IPL in Kolkata's Eden Garden.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- ‘Bullett Raja’ Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer Earns ₹34 Crore in Week 1
- Bigg Boss 7: Tanisha Mukherjee’s Family Finally Contacts Actress
- ‘R…Rajkumar’ Critics Review Roundup: Crass Dialogue, Mindless Storyline Make it 2013's Worst Film
- Nelson Mandela Dead: India Mourns Death of Anti-Apartheid Revolutionary; Latest Reactions [PHOTOS]
- ‘Dhoom 3’: Filmmakers and Distributors to Hike Ticket Price?
- ‘Bullett Raja’ Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer Steady in India; ‘Ram-leela’ Dominates
- Bigg Boss 7: After Nishi Kohli, Rajkumar Kohli Supports Armaan-Tanisha Friendship
- ‘Krrish 3’ Box Office Collection: Has Hrithik Starrer Really Shattered ‘Chennai Express’ Record in India?
- Mahesh Babu's '1-Nenokkadine' Rights Acquired by Eros; Audio Launch to be Grand Affair
- 'Bullett Raja' Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer Fails to Pick up in First Week
‘Krrish 3’ Box Office Collection: Has Hrithik Starrer Really Shattered ‘Chennai Express’ Record in India?