‘Himmatwala’ Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn Starrer Collects ₹31 Crore in Opening Weekend
Sajid Khan's action comedy film "Himmatwala" failed to make it big at the box office in its opening weekend. The film starring Ajay Devgn and Tamannah has collected ₹31.1 crore nett in three days of its release.
The first day collection of the film was amazing, but it declined on the second day. Generally, the collection goes up on Saturday, but for "Himmatwala" it plummeted. On Sunday, the film managed to rake in good figures, but not as high as it earned on Friday.
The three day breakup of the film is: Friday ₹12 crore, Saturday ₹8.5 crore and Sunday ₹10.5 crore.
In three days, the film fared well better in single screens as compared to multiplexes. Despite the star cast and wide release of the film across 3200 screens, the weekend collections fell below the mark.
"In view of the fact that UTV has given #Himmatwala a wide release, the weekend numbers are shockingly low," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The film was released on Friday, a public holiday, and it was a single release, but it still failed to earn well at the domestic box office. The business was better in North Indian circuits, while in South Indian circuits including Mumbai it was poor.
The film emerged as the biggest opener for Ajay Devgn, but unlike his other films it failed to make a mark at the box office.
His last two films "Son of Sardaar" and "Bol Bachchan" were box office hits and crossed the ₹100 crore mark in India. Taking note of the film's recent collections, it seems that the film won't be able to cross ₹100 crore. Even in the international market, the film is not faring well.
The film is a remake of a 1983 film with the same name. Apart from Ajay and Tamannaah, the film also features Paresh Rawal, Mahesh Manjrekar and Zarina Wahab in important roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Peter Tatchell Condemns India Gay Sex Ban as 'A Bleak Day for Equality'
- Champions League Preview: Austria Wien vs Zenit St Petersburg Live Streaming Information
- India vs South Africa 3rd ODI Score: Ishant Finally Steps Up But De Villiers and De Kock Help Proteas to Big Total
- India Gay Sex Ban: Activists Outraged but Religious Groups Welcome Ruling [VIDEO]
- Remembering Vamshi: It is Laws Such as Article 377 that Make People Kill Themselves
- Bubonic Plague Kills 20 in Madagascar in Return of Black Death
- Thailand's Rice Scheme Backlash Worsens as Farmers Press for Payments
- UK Eases up Visa Rules; India Too Will Benefit
- Honda Releases New Activa i Ad Campaign 'Udh! TVC'
- Nelson Mandela’s Emotional Memorial Service At FNB Stadium, Great Personal Significance