‘Vishwaroopam’ Box Office Collection: Has Kamal Haasan Starrer Crossed ₹200 Crore Mark?
Kamal Haasan's spy thriller "Vishwaroopam" has reportedly achieved another massive feat by making it to the ₹200 mark in worldwide collections.
While film makers, including those from the Hindi film industry, are trying hard to make it to the double century club, "Vishwaroopam" has accomplished it within weeks of its worldwide release.
Pooja Kumar, the lead actress of the film, at a recent concert in New Jersey said that the film has minted over ₹200 crore worldwide and counting.
However, the news has not been confirmed by Haasan, who is the director and co-producer of the film.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Also Rahul Bose, who plays the antagonist in the film, is also not sure whether the film has collected over ₹200 crore. "Don't know veracity of figures, but some trade websites put collections of #vishwaroopam at 206 crs & counting. if true, then staggering," the actor wrote on his Twitter handle.
Earlier, there reports suggesting that the spy thriller has minted ₹120 crore within four days of its release in home state Tamil Nadu. But later, Haasan clarified the reports saying that "Vishwaroopam is a huge box office hit, but I do not think she has crossed the ₹100 crore in theatrical collections this early stage, it may do so later but not now."
The spy thriller made on a budget of ₹95 crore features Pooja Kumar, Rahul Bose, Andrea Jeremiah and Shekhar Kapur in important roles.
Following the success of the "Vishwaroopam" worldwide, Haasan recently announced that the sequel to the controversial film would be released this year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Celebrity Cribs: Top 10 Most Expensive Places to Live in US
- Paul Walker Death Update: Westboro Baptist Church Plans to Picket at Paul Walker's Funeral [PHOTOS]
- 19 Races for 2014 FIA Formula One World Championship
- Look Who's Talking! Miley Cyrus Calls Lady Gaga's Dressing Sense 'Sick' on Twitter
- Nokia Lumia 929: Windows Phone Handset Codenamed 'Icon' for Verizon, More Leaked Images Surface Online
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday 12/9/13