Box Office Collection: ‘Special 26’ Dominates; ‘ABCD’ Declines
Remo D'Souza's dance film "ABCD: Anybody Can Dance" and Neeraj Pandey's "Special 26" are holding well at box offices across the country in weekdays.
"ABCD" is the first 3D dance film released in India. The movie hit 750 screens (400 3D + 350 2D) on the same day as Akshay Kumar's "Special 26".
The dance film held up well on weekdays in its first week showing only 10 to 15 percent drop in collections. The film raked in ₹19.5 crore over the weekend, ₹3.5 crore on Monday and ₹3 crore on Tuesday.
"#ABCD Mon 3.5 cr, Tue 3 cr. Holding very well on weekdays," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
After five days of its release the movie's domestic total stands at ₹26 crore. The collection declined mainly due to reduced ticket rates.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Neeraj Pandey's directorial film's collection also declined slightly in the weekdays, but it still dominated the box office. In India, the heist drama was released across 1,750 screens. It features Jimmy Shergill, Manoj Bajpai, Anupam Kher and Kajal Agrawal in important roles.
Over the weekend, the film collected approximately ₹27 crore. On first Monday it raked in around ₹5 crore and Tuesday's totalled to ₹4.65 crore.
The five days total of the film at domestic box offices stands at approximately ₹36.65 crore.
The business of the film is expected to increase by 15 to 25 percent on Thursday because of Valentine's Day. In the past few years the collections of films released during this time has usually seen an upturn, according to box office India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- IPL 7 Results: Bowlers, Yuvraj and Kohli Guide RCB to Easy Win over Delhi Daredevils
- Watch Free IPL 7 Match 2: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Live Streaming Information
- IPL-Twitter Partnership Set to Enhance On Air, On Ground and Online Experience for Fans
- Katrina Kaif Acting Cold towards Hrithik Roshan on 'Bang Bang' Sets?
- 'Tenaliraman': Will Vadivelu's Comeback Film Strike Gold at Box Office?
- Audi to Hike Car Price from May in India
- LG L65 Dual SIM Mid-Range Smartphone with Android KitKat OS Launched; Price, Specifications Details
- Tata Drops Nano Diesel Plans: Report
- ‘2 States’ Reviews Roundup: Complete Entertainer
- Box Office Collection: ‘Main Tera Hero’ Becomes 4th Highest Grosser of 2014; ‘Queen’ Superhit