‘Race 2’ Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer a Hit in Overseas Market
Action thriller "Race 2" has become a super hit at the overseas box offices after two weeks running.
Despite stiff competition from new releases "Special 26" and "ABCD", the Saif Ali Khan starrer is fetching good figures internationally in its third week.
The film is a sequel to 2008 film "Race" and is directed by Abbas-Mustan. In its third weekend, the film collected approximately ₹89 lakh from overseas theatres.
The third weekend overseas breakup of the film is: ₹40.28 lakh (£ 47,751) from 26 screens in the UK, ₹44.16 lakh ($ 81,944) from 63 screens in the US, ₹5.09 lakh (A$ 9,233) from 17 screens in Australia and ₹16,923 (NZ$ 376) from nine screens in New Zealand, according to trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh.
The collection of "Race 2" declined drastically after the release of new films.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
In India, the film collected a little over ₹100 crores, becoming the first movie of the year to enter the century club.
"We are glad that Race 2 is continuing its great run at the box office and holding its position throughout," Gaurav Verma, director - India theatrical distribution, Studios, Disney UTV, said in a statement, according to koimoi.com
"We had complete faith in the film and are extremely happy that audiences have liked the film and have made it possible for the film to reach this position," he added.
The second installment film also features Anil Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandez and Ameesha Patel in important roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 with Built-in Projector Launched
- ‘Jodha Akbar’ Serial: Director Santram Verma Refutes Sexual Abuse Allegations made by Paridhi Sharma
- ‘Revolver Rani’ Reviews Roundup: Kangana Impresses Again, but Film Disappoints
- Australia Rules out Link between Debris and Malaysian Plane
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 370: Malaysia to Release Preliminary Report Next Week on Missing Jet
- IPL 2014 Results: Stunning Lynn Catch Gives KKR Thrilling Final-Over Victory over RCB