Box Office Collection: ‘Special 26’ Rakes in ₹6 Crore Overseas, Affects 'ABCD'
Neeraj Pandey's directorial film "Special 26" is receiving positive response from overseas box offices too.
Over the weekend, the film made good collections in key markets, especially in the US and the UAE. In its opening weekend, the film collected ₹ 90.81 lakh (£ 107,520) from 46 screens in the UK, ₹2.49 crore ($ 4, 62,262) from 85 screens in the US, ₹2.13 crore ($ 395,000) at the UAE box office, ₹47.98 lakh (A$ 86,777) from 11 screens in Australia, ₹15.64 lakh (NZ$ 34,929) from eight screens in New Zealand and ₹6.65 lakh (FJD 21,777) from two screens in Fiji.
The overseas total of the film after the first weekend stands at approximately ₹6.23 crore.
The film, based on a real life story, features Jimmy Shergill, Manoj Bajpai, Anupam Kher and Kajal Agrawal in important roles.
It was released along with Remo D'Souza's 3D dance film "ABCD: Any Body Can Dance". "ABCD" had initially dominated the screens, but was pushed back by "Special 26" which garnered better reviews.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"ABCD" failed to entertain audience on the overseas front, except the UAE, in its first week.
The film's total collection after the first weekend is ₹2.03 crore at the overseas box office.
"ABCD" lacks a big star cast except for dancing sensation Prabhu Deva. Despite the slump in its earning overseas, the film is drawing good response in the sub-continent.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Congress Breaks Losing Streak; Wins Mizoram
- Samsung Confirms Android 4.3 Roll-out Resumes for Galaxy S3 in UK
- India: Common Man's Party Ushers in Broomstick Revolution
- Australian Army 'Fear Management' Exercise so Tough it Caused Mental Illness
- 130 Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Discovered by Colombian Palaeontologists [VIDEO]
- Vast Freshwater Reserves Discovered Beneath Ocean Holds Promise for Reducing Drought Impacts
'Dhoom 3': Will Aamir Starrer Shatter 'Krrish 3' Collections in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu Box Office?