‘Vishwaroopam’ to Release Next Week? Kamal Haasan Agrees for Seven Cuts
Nearly ten days after Muslim organizations voiced objection to the release of "Vishwaroopam", the film is now set to release in Tamil Nadu after actor-director Kamal Haasan agreed to edit some of its scenes.
On Saturday, Kamal met with Muslim organizations leaders and agreed to make seven edits, including snipping some of the sound clips that they considered offensive.
The decision of editing came after a four to five hour discussion between the representatives and Kamal, accompanied by his brother and co-producer of the film Chandra Haasan.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"I have spoken to my Muslim brothers. I have convinced them that there is nothing wrong with the film. I have agreed to remove some sound clips from the film," Kamal said after the meeting.
Kamal also said that they would soon announce the release of the film. The re-edited film would be sent to the Censor Board for approval. "We now expect the ban to be lifted soon, and will take measures to withdraw the petition filed against it," he said.
"The process of audio-editing and finalising the revised version of the film would take about six hours, after which digital reprints would be ready. But, the movie will now have to compete for screen time with two other big weekend releases - Mani Ratnam's Kadal and actor Vikram's David. Both are running to packed houses and have advance bookings for the next three days," Chandra Haasan told NDTV.
The spy thriller was released on Friday in North India, including Uttar Pradesh where tight security arrangements were put in place at theatres and multiplexes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Watch Europa League Semifinal First Leg: Sevilla vs Valencia Live Streaming Information
- Watch Europa League Semifinal: Benfica vs Juventus Live Streaming Information
- Anushka Sharma-Sidharth Malhotra to Team up for 'Priceless' Remake: Report
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Los Angeles Clippers vs Golden State Warriors Game 3 Live Streaming Information
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Memphis Grizzlies Game 3 Live Streaming Information
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: Modi is Power Hungry, Says Sonia Gandhi; Manmohan Singh Casts Vote in Assam
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Indiana Pacers vs Atlanta Hawks Game 3 Live Streaming Information
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: Modi Files 2nd Nomination from Varanasi, Vows to Develop it into World's Spiritual Capital
- From Mahesh Babu's 'Aagadu' to Ram Charan's 'Govindudu Andarivadele': Upcoming Big Projects in Telugu Film Industry
- Watch IPL 2014 Match 11: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders Live Streaming Information