‘Race 2’ Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer Earns ₹76 Crore in First Week
Action-thriller movie "Race 2" is now past its first week of release in India, collecting ₹76.10 crore at the domestic box office.
The Abbas-Mustan's directed movie has become the first superhit of 2013. The first week business of the movie is the highest for a film featuring Saif Ali Khan or John Abraham.
The first week breakup of the film is: Friday ₹15.12 crore, Saturday ₹20.72 crore, Sunday ₹15.51 crore, Monday ₹7.5 crore, Tuesday ₹6.5 crore, Wednesday ₹5.75 crore and Thursday ₹5 crore, according to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
On a positive note, the film crossed the lifetime business of its prequel movie "Race" in India. "Race" was released in 2008 and earned around ₹62 crore at domestic box offices.
The movie had an amazing opening weekend, but business went down during the weekdays. The decline was more in mass-dominated circuits, but it maintained its strong position in Delhi, UP and East Punjab.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
In its second week, "Race 2" is competing with other movies like "Vishwaroopam", "David" and "Deewana Main Deewana". Out of the three films, "Vishwaroopam" and "David" are likely to dominate the screens and affect the business of "Race 2".
Meanwhile, the film has also emerged as the biggest opener movie for Jacqueline Fernandez.
"It (the film) is my biggest opener and I am hoping it continues to do really well. Irrespective, it is a very successful film and it is being liked, so I am very happy," Jacqueline told IANS.
Apart from Saif and John, the film also features Anil Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandez and Ameesha Patel in lead roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Pre-order Pulled Down; New Device Priced More Than Galaxy S4
- Box Office Collection: ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ Earns ₹30 Crore in 1 Week; ‘Gunday’ Completes 21 Days
- Panasonic P31 Smartphone Launched In India; Price, Specification Details
- INS Kolkata Accident: One Commander Rank Officer Dies in Another Naval Mishap Days After INS Sindhuratna Fire
- Amitabh Bachchan Turns Rapper With Honey Singh for ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ [PHOTOS]
- Vespa Super-Premium Scooter 946 to be Priced at ₹9 Lakh
- I'll Continue till I Become Burden for Pakistan, Says Shahid Afridi
- Sensex, Nifty Rally to Record Highs; ICICI Jumps 7 Percent
- ‘Gulaab Gang’ Review Roundup: Too Many Songs Spoil the Film
- KTM RC 390 Spied Testing in India; Hints at Imminent Launch