‘Race 2’ Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer Earns ₹71 Crore in Six Days; Fails to Beat ‘Dabanng 2’
Saif Ali Khan's action-thriller "Race 2" is zooming towards the ₹100 crore mark at the India box office. The second installment of director duo Abbas-Mustan's 2008 film has raked in ₹71.10 crore within six days of its release in the country.
"Race 2" was released across 3,200 screens in India, which is the third highest screen count for a movie released till date after "Dabangg 2" and "Ek Tha Tiger".
On weekdays, "Race 2" collections declined by 30 to 40 percent. The six-day breakup of the film is: Friday ₹15.12 crore, Saturday ₹20.72 crore, Sunday ₹15.51 crore, Monday ₹7.5 crore, Tuesday ₹6.5 crore and Wednesday ₹5.75 crore, according to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
At a whopping ₹71 crore in its kitty, the film has became the first big hit of the year. Despite mixed reviews, the movie performed well in India.
The worldwide total of the film is ₹88.36 crore (six days domestic box office total + first weekend overseas total). The film requires approximately ₹11 crore to touch the ₹100 crore mark worldwide.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
After a string of dissapointing releases at the begning of the year, Saif's movie has brought some relief for the film industry. But it couldn't surpass "Dabangg 2" collection in India. The Salman starrer grossed ₹77.16 crore in just four days of its release in India thanks to its high screen count.
"Race 2" may not be at par with "Danangg 2" in terms of collections. But if the movie performs well in the second weekend, there are high chances that it will be listed as another ₹100-crore blockbuster.
Apart from Saif, "Race 2" also features Anil Kapoor, John Abraham, Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandez and Ameesha Patel in lead roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Gets Price Cut ; Now Available Online at ₹46,881
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: AP Tops in Electoral Corruption Accounting for 46 Percent of ₹236 Crore Seized
- ‘2 States’ Box Office Collection: Alia-Arjun Starrer Witnesses Fantastic Opening Weekend; Beats Salman’s ‘Jai Ho’ Overseas
- Beijing Auto Show: Hyundai Unveils Sub-Compact SUV ix25
- ‘Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi’ Season 5: Rajniesh Duggall Beats Dayanand Shetty, 'C.I.D' Officer Eliminated
- HTC One (M8) India Priced Revealed; Tipped to Hit Stores in Early May
- Flight 370 or Plane Turnaround Syndrome Scares Passengers of Qantas, Malaysian Airlines
- IPL 7 Results: Maxwell, Miller Blitz Rajasthan Royals Into Submission as Kings XI Make Mockery of Another Big Chase
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Portland Trail Blazers v Houston Rockets Live Streaming Information
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Washington Wizards v Chicago Bulls Live Streaming Information