HIV Infected Man Rapes Teen, Files Bail Petition Seeking Medical Care
A teen was abducted and raped by a man, alleged to have HIV, in the Silchar town of southern Assam.
The incident came to light after the girl's family lodged a missing compliant on Jan 20. They later found her lying unconscious near Badarpur railway station, 18 km away from Silchar.
The girl was rushed to Silchar Medical College Hospital where she regained consciousness and narrated the incident to the police.
In a statement to the police, the girl, a class IX student, said that she was heading back to her house from the toilet outside when a group of five men attacked her at around 4 am on Jan 20.
She went on to say that one of the men sprayed a sedative on her face after which she lost consciousness. She added that before falling unconscious she recognized one of the men as Rajib Borlaskar who hails from the same place.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Police arrested Borlaskar and said a raid is on to nab the other accused. They also said that her medical reports confirmed rape.
"Medical tests revealed the girl was raped. On the basis of her statement, we caught an accused the following day ... The others, yet to be identified, are absconding," the police told DNA.
Claiming that he was an HIV patient and required medical attention, Borlaskar filed a bail petition. However, the court rejected his petition taking into account the seriousness of the offence and ordered the police to provide him a separate cell and medical care.
The incident has stirred outrage in Assam. Political parties and social organizations have come forward demanding severe punishment for the accused.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- IPL 7 News: Preity Zinta Talks about Being a Woman in a Male-Dominated Game
- Supreme Court asks Govt to Reveal List of Indian Account Holders in German Bank
- NBA Playoffs Results and Highlights: Pacers, Raptors Register First Wins; Wizards Take 2-0 Lead
- New Zealand Prime Minister's BMW Thrown Eggs, Ball, Rock Amid Protests in Napier
- Novak Djokovic Allays Injury Fears, Confident of Playing in French Open
- GM Seeks U.S. Court Protection Against Ignition Lawsuits
- Iron ore mining likely to restart in January in Goa
- Modi Slams anti-Muslim Remarks, Ally Defiant
- New Zealand Scientist Mary Quin to Serve as Star Witness to Terrorism Trial in New York
- Bye Lamar Odom; Khloe Kardashian’s New Bad Boy: French Montana - Five Things You Have to Know