HTC Butterfly Hits Indian Market for ₹45,999; Kicks Off Quad-Core Battle with Samsung, Sony
Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC on Tuesday launched its much-awaited 'Butterfly' in India for ₹45,990.
The release of the HTC Butterfly smartphone kicked off strong competition with other quad-core devices from rival companies. The befitting combo of high-end specifications and a super sleek design makes HTC's new smartphone win hands down in most areas.
"HTC Butterfly is quite simply the most stunning smartphone HTC has created to date, with a display that people will fall in love with instantly," said Faisal Siddiqui, Country Head, HTC India.
"It offers the best experience in terms of performance, design and innovation, and is our most eagerly anticipated smartphone with rave reviews from media and consumers alike."
The full HD smartphone sports a massive 5-inch Super LCD 3 screen with a high pixel density of 441 pixels per inch. Among other specifications of the device are 1.5 GHz Qualcomm S4 Pro quad-core processor, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating systems, 2GB RAM along with an internal storage capacity of 16GB which is expandable up to 32GB
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
On the connectivity front, HTC Butterfly supports WIFI, Bluetooth v4.0, NFC and micro USB 2.0 and houses an 8-megapixel rear-camera with autofocus and LED flash. It also packs a battery of 2,020mAh.
HTC Butterfly is expected to hit the retail shelves later in month. The company first showed off the handset in October 2012 and made it available in the global market under names like 'HTC Droid DNA' in the US and 'Butterfly J' in Japan.
HTC is expected to unveil its next flagship smartphone HTC M7 at the impending Mobile World Congress.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Top 15 Fun Facts about Harry Styles New Love Interest Asami Zdrenka from 'Neon Jungle'
- Justin Bieber Still Has Not Resolved Commitment Issues, Selena Gomez Cannot Take It Anymore
- Damon Albarn Says Sorry To Australia For Blur’s Big Day Out Cancellation
- iPhone 6 Release Date: Comparison of Apple Smartphone's Case with Nexus 5, Galaxy Note 3 and iPhone 5S [VIDEO]
- Samsung Galaxy K (aka S5 Zoom) Snapshots Leaked Online Ahead of Official Launch
- Earlier iPhone 6 Release Date on Q3 2014 Confirmed by Leaked Metal Casing & Display Glass Details – Reports