Notorious 'Bunty Chor' Arrested From Pune Hotel
Kerala police on Sunday arrested the notorious "Bunty Chor" from a hotel in Pune.
Kerala Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan confirmed the arrest stating, "It was through a joint operation by the Kerala and Maharashtra Police that Bunty was nabbed from a hotel in Pune early Sunday," IANS reported.
"All legal procedures are being done," he added.
Pune Additional Commissioner Police Chandrashekhar Daithankar also informed the media that the state police will hand over Bunty to Kerala Police.
Bunty Chor, whose real name is Devinder Singh, is a Delhi-based burglar involved in more than 500 robberies across the nation.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
On Jan 21, he broke into NRI businessman Venugopalan Nair's house in Kerala which was equipped with electronic surveillance devices. He deactivated the equipments and fled the spot with a sports-utility vehicle worth ₹28 lakh along with a laptop and two mobile phones.
The police had been tracking Bunty since and was informed by three motorists from Kerala that he was speeding towards the Tamil Nadu-Karnataka border in a car on Wednesday.
The police informed the matter to their Karnataka counterparts who intercepted the vehicle. Reports said that Bunty was arrested by Karnataka police while trying to escape after attacking three officials.
Karnataka Joint Commissioner of Police Pranab Mohanty on Thursday turned down reports of the arrest.
Bunty had committed 300 robberies in the national capital alone. He was sentenced to imprisonment after which he contested in the fourth season of TV reality show "Bigg Boss".
Bollywood movie, "Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye" starring Abhay Deol, is said to be "inspired" from Bunty's life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- ‘Dhoom 3’ Box Office: Filmmakers and Distributors to Hike Ticket Price?
- ‘Bullett Raja’ Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer Steady in India; ‘Ram-leela’ Dominates
- Bigg Boss 7: After Nishi Kohli, Rajkumar Kohli Supports Armaan-Tanisha Friendship
- ‘Krrish 3’ Box Office Collection: Has Hrithik Starrer Really Shattered ‘Chennai Express’ Record in India?
- Mahesh Babu's '1-Nenokkadine' Rights Acquired by Eros; Audio Launch to be Grand Affair
- 'Bullett Raja' Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer Fails to Pick up in First Week
- No Big Telugu Films in December; Mahesh Babu, Ram Charan, Nithiin to Clash in January 2014
- 'Dhoom 3' Set for Big Release in Tamil Nadu; Will Aamir-Starrer Surpass 'Chennai Express' Box Office Collections?
- ‘Ram-leela’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Deepika Starrer Dominates BO Market; Earns ₹155 Crore
- Upendra, Pranitha Sizzle in LED Light Suits in ‘Brahma’
Andhra Bifurcation: Violent Protests, Transport Paralysed by Bandh Against Rayala-Telangana Proposal