‘Race 2’ Box Office Collection: Action-Thriller Earns ₹35 Crore in Two Days
Action-thriller "Race 2" had a fabulous start on the opening day at the box office in India. The first big release of the year grossed in ₹15.12 crore on Friday and ₹20.72 crore on Saturday.
At ₹15 crore "Race 2" has emerged as the biggest opener released in the year 2013.
Directed by duo Abbas-Mustan, the film was released across 3,200 screens in India. The two-day total of the film at the domestic box office is ₹35.84 crore.
"We are very happy with the opening of "Race 2". To ensure we get maximum numbers, the film was released in 3,200 screens - third largest till date. We are expecting a great weekend," Gaurav Verma, director - India Theatrical Distribution, Studios, Disney UTV, said in a statement.
The second day collection of "Race 2" is slightly better than that of Salman Khan's "Dabangg 2" which was released last year. While "Dabangg 2" minted ₹19.06 crore on its second day, "Race 2" raked in ₹20.72 crore.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The Republic Day holiday on Saturday particularly helped the business of the film. The multi-starrer film is expected to show a jump in its collections on Sunday as well.
According to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh, the first day territorial breakup of the film is: Mumbai 5.25 cr, Delhi and UP 3.10 cr, Punjab 1.25 cr, CP 75 lacs, CI 57 lacs, Rajasthan 1.05 cr, Nizam 80 lacs Mysore 90 lacs, TNK 30 lacs, WB 55 lacs, Bihar 25 lacs, Assam 15 lacs, Odisha 20 lacs.
The action-thriller is a sequel to 2008 film "Race". Saif Ali Khan and Anil Kapoor are reprising their respective roles in the sequel, while other stars like John Abraham, Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandez and Ameesha Patel are new additions to the franchise.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: UP CM Says Third Front Will Form Next Government
- Samsung Gear Wearable Devices Now Compatible with 20 Galaxy Smartphones, Tablets
- 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' Season 7: Sanaya Irani, Palak aka Kiku, Mouni Roy, VJ Andy and Others Approached
- Box Office Collection: ‘Bhoothnath Returns’, ‘Disco Singh’ Going Strong; ‘Main Tera Hero’ Set to Cross ₹50 Crore Mark
- Formula 1 News: Force India Hoping for Podium Finish in China
- Box Office: Allu Arjun's 'Race Gurram' Surpasses ₹20-Crore Mark in AP
- IPL 7 Live Score: Top 10 Free Cricket Update Android Mobile Apps
- Porsche to Launch Macan in India by June: Report
- CBI Should Work Independently under Lok Pal's Purview, Says Gopalkrishna Gandhi
- Honda Amaze Anniversary Edition Launched in India ; Price, Feature Details