Box Office Collection: ‘Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola’ Going Steady; ‘Inkaar’ Fail at the BO
Romantic comedy "Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola" maintained a steady path at the Indian box office, collecting approximately ₹7.87 crore in the second week.
With ₹7.87 crore the two weeks grand total of the film at the box office is ₹41 crore. The Vishal Bhardwaj-directed film is a political satire based in Harayana. The film features Pankaj Kapoor, Imran Khan and Anushka Sharma in the lead roles
Looking at its current business, it appears that the film will not even touch ₹50 crore in India. The collection might fall down with two new releases - "Race 2" and "Akaash Vani".
While "Matru ki Bijlee ka Mandola" has performed average in India, another release "Inkaar" flopped at the box office. After a poor response on the opening day, the film ended the first week on a dull note.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The movie in its first week grossed approximately ₹9.5 crore. Being a Sudhir Mishra-directed film and starring Arjun Rampal and Chitrangada Singh, the film was riding high on expectations.
After the first week collection, it's doubtful whether the film will rake in ₹25 crore in India. "Inkaar" starring Arjun Rampal and Chitrangda Singh in lead roles is a romantic crime story. The movie focuses on the issue of sexual harassment in the corporate world.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Great Grandson of Mahatma Gandhi Blames Rahul for Using Name of Father of the Nation for Electioneering
- Idea Launches Ultra II and Id 1000 3G Android Smartphones in India; Price And Specs Details
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Spy Shots Hit Web; Speculated Launch and Features Details
- NBA Preview: Houston Rockets vs Oklahoma City Thunder Live Streaming Information
- India, US Can Achieve a Lot Together: Barack Obama
- Kannada Actor Diganth to Work in Yograj Bhat's Next
- Tata Launches Aria Facelift in India; Price, Features and Booking Details
- Minnesota Tibetans Storm Chinese Office in Chicago
- Holi 2014: Spectacular Images of ‘Lathmar Holi’ Celebrated in Mathura, Vrindavan [PHOTOS]
- Dulquer Salman Begins Shoot for ‘Njaan’