Shahrukh Khan Tops Forbes India's 'Celebrity 100' List; Beats Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar
The 47-year-old actor has gained the top position with ₹202.8 crore, leaving behind arch rival Salman Khan.
The Forbes "Celebrity 100" is a list of the year's most powerful celebrities.
Bollywood hot favourite Salman Khan landed at second position with ₹144.2 crore followed by cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni with ₹135.16 crore. The earning is calculated between September 2011 and October 2012.
Akshay Kumar became the fourth highest earning celebrity while actor Amitabh Bachchan rounded up the top five list.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"Today, India doesn't quite have a creative economy that is as big and vibrant as a country of a billion people ought to have. As incomes rise and basic needs get covered, spends on entertainment will sky-rocket, as we've seen with IPL cricket. The interplay of technology and new forms of creativity will completely transform the entertainment space over the next decade," Forbes India editor Indrajit Gupta told IBN Live.
Forbes compiled the list by taking into account the stars' income, fame, fan base, press clips and magazine covers.
Here are the top ten celebrities in the list
1. Shah Rukh Khan
2. Salman Khan
3. MS Dhoni
4. Akshay Kumar
5. Amitabh Bachchan
6. Sachin Tendulkar
7. Kareena Kapoor
8. Virender Sehwag
9. Virat Kohli
10. Katrina Kaif
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- 'Bullett Raja' Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer Fails to Pick up in First Week
- No Big Telugu Films in December; Mahesh Babu, Ram Charan, Nithiin to Clash in January 2014
- 'Dhoom 3' Set for Big Release in Tamil Nadu; Will Aamir-Starrer Surpass 'Chennai Express' Box Office Collections?
- India Tour of South Africa 2013 Match Schedule, Timing and Results: Daily Update
- Walmart Footing Legal Bills of Executives in Mexico Bribery Investigation
- Sex Slaves in Cages: The Twilight World of Mumbai's 20,000 Prostitutes
‘Ram-leela’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Deepika Starrer Becomes 4th Highest Grossing Film in India
'Dhoom 3' Set for Big Release in Tamil Nadu; Will Aamir-Starrer Surpass 'Chennai Express' Box Office Collections?