‘Dabangg 2’ Fifth Weekend Overseas Box Office Collection
"Dabangg 2" has finally completed its fifth weekend on a positive note at the overseas box office. The film which almost completed its run at the box offices earned approximately ₹1.39 lakh in the international market.
The movie raked in ₹1.17 lakh (£ 1,384) on four screens from UK and ₹21873 ($409) on two screens from the US in its fifth weekend. It has been declared a superhit film overseas.
The film, which was made on a budget of ₹60 crore, was released across 3700 screens in India and 450 screens overseas. The pre-release business of the film, including Satellite rights with a TV channel, overseas and home video rights with Eros International and audio rights, covered the budget amount of "Dabangg 2".
The film earned ₹45 crore only on satellite rights, ₹25 crore through overseas & home video rights and ₹10 crore from audio rights.
Initially, when "Dabangg 2" was released it was expected to break the record of "Ek Tha Tiger", which continues to remain Salman's biggest hit film till date.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The collection of the film declined in its second and third week because of which it failed to beat "ETT" record.
In India, the film raked in approximately ₹2.50 crore in its fourth weekend. The total of the film after four weeks is approximately ₹157.70 crore in India.
The action comedy is Arbaaz Khan's debut directorial film. Apart from Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha in lead roles, the film also has Vinod Khanna, Arbaaz Khan, Mahi Gill and Praksh Jha in supporting roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Bajaj Discover 125 Launched in India; Price, Features Details
- Six Nations Where to Watch Live: Ireland vs Italy Live Streaming Information
- International Women’s Day: From Mira Nair to Farah Khan, Women Directors in the Industry
- English Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Information
- English Premier League Preview: West Brom vs Manchester United Live Streaming Information
- FA Cup Quarterfinals Where to Watch Live: Arsenal vs Everton Live Streaming Information
- Singapore Buys A330 Air Tankers, India in Talks - Airbus
- Sensex, Nifty Hit Record Highs; Banking, Realty Stocks Surge
- Government to Set up Inflation Target, RBI to Implement - Chidambaram
- Kejriwal takes Aim at Modi's Economic Model