'Dabangg 2' Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Beats 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' at Domestic BO
After earning a whopping ₹37 crore in its second week, "Dabangg 2" has broken the record of Shahrukh Khan starrer "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" in India.
By the end of the second week, Arbaaz Khan's debut directorial film has collected ₹144 crore at domestic box offices. The action comedy film, which stars Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha in the lead roles, has finally surpassed the lifetime earnings of "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" in India.
The Shahrukh Khan starrer was released during the six-day Diwali weekend and collected ₹121.27 after four weeks, while "Dabangg 2" grossed ₹144 crore in just two weeks.
"Dabangg 2" was released across 3,500 screens in India at a time and no new releases hit the screens till its second week. Its collections were affected due to the severe cold wave in North India, cricket series and anti-rape protest across the country.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan" was released across 2,500 screens in India along with Ajay Devgn's "Son of Sardaar". Its collections were affected due to the sad demise of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray and after the release of Aamir Khan's "Talaash".
With no big budget films set for release this week, "Dabangg 2" is set to dominate the ticket collection window. It has been already declared as a blockbuster film in India and a superhit film in the international market after its first week.
Apart from the two big stars, the film also features Vinod Khanna, Arbaaz Khan, Prakash Raj, Deepak Dobriyal, Sandeepa Dhar and Nikitan Dheer in supporting roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- 2nd T20 Preview: West Indies vs England Live Streaming Information
- Could 2014 Women’s World T20 be the Giant Leap? [Full Schedule]
- ICC Women’s World T20 to Begin on March 23; Full Squad List
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo Leaked: Release Date and Features to Expect
- Climate Change and Rain Helped Genghis Khan Create the Mongolian Empire – Study
- Great Grandson of Mahatma Gandhi Blames Rahul for Using Name of Father of the Nation for Electioneering